Image Map

Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Valentine

So, yesterday was Valentines day and it was our 4th one together, but our first one as a married couple! I think this year was our best Valentines day yet. Cupid must of shot Dakota because he was SO romantic and spoiled me like crazy. Not that he doesn't do that anyway, but last night just made me feel really special and I loved spending the ENTIRE night with him.

Before V day even started I always told Dakota that I wanted the whole Nicholas Sparks movie collection. I absolutely love him and all of his books/movies. (I don't read, but if its Mr. Sparks you better believe I am opening up that book). My all time favorite is A Walk To Remember and I have been wanting that movie for a while, but when I saw you could get the entire collection that's all I could talk about. Dakota is the type of person that likes to surprise. The whole time I talked about it he would tell me no we can't spend a lot on Valentines, or I already picked out your present. The week before Valentines day we started to get a package in the mail everyday. He told me I couldn't open them or he would send it back. (For those of you who don't know me , I hate surprises and having to wait). So it was literally KILLING me having to get the packages from the mailbox and put it on the table and just stare at it. It's not easy trying to figure out what something is when you shake it and nothing makes noise because it is so wrapped up tight in bubble wrap and packaging. 

The morning of Valentines I woke up to beautiful yellow roses, a love letter, a candle, skittles, and the entire Nicholas Sparks collection in a pretty basket!!! Yes, my husband did that and was sneaky about it!! I don't think I have ever been so surprised (because usually I annoy him so much that he just tells me). Lol, but this time I couldn't stop smiling! It was such a wonderful present and he set it up on display and decorated it all by himself. The presents didn't stop there because that night Dakota had made reservations for us at Fuji! This is the place where we first had our awkward but cute date. It was so nice going back to the place where it all began. After dinner and wasting some time at Petland playing with the puppies we went to the movies and watched Ride Along. That was sooooo funny and I would totally watch it again. After the movies it was about 10 o'clock and our night still wasn't about to end. We headed to Chili's for desert because Fuji doesn't have the best choices to choose from. We ordered two glasses of milk and a skillet cookie with vanilla ice cream on top. It was so cute and felt like we were little kids ordering milk. The desert was absolutely yummmmyyyyy!!!!! After eating our desert we decided that we weren't ready to go home yet so we headed to Wal-Mart for some late night grocery shopping (crazy married couple, I know)! It was nice just being together and laughing over everything. I don't think Dakota and I have had such a wonderful date like that in a really long time. I am so blessed to have a man who truly cares about me and wants to make me feel special. He is the best Valentine I could ever ask for. Here's some pretty, yet kinda blurry pictures from our glorious night.
(My amazing gifts from my Valentine)
(Headed off to dinner)
(The AMAZING cookie)
 
Until next time, Lexi