Image Map

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Picture Perfect

So, last Thursday I took my best friend Brittnee's engagement photos. We met around 10:30 at the O club on NAS where I got married almost a year ago! ( I can't believe its been almost a year). Anyways, we walked across the street to a gorgeous long brick wall and stairs. The scenery is just absolutely gorgeous and totally worth the drive. After taking a few pictures there we walked back across the street to the O club and headed toward the beach. I love beach pictures because we have beautiful and clean beaches. Plus, beautiful people and beaches go together and make awesome photos! After playing in the sand for about an hour we headed to the other side of town to a deserted location. It looks super sketchy from the front of the building, but once you go behind it, it is just breathtaking. There is a tall and wide tree with thick and wavy branches that makes for a pretty badass background. This is my favorite spot and where I took my bridals last year. Around 1:30 it was time to wrap things up and head home. I love this part because I get to look at and edit the pictures. I could literally spend ALL day doing this. Brittnee was texting me the whole time I was editing them saying that she could not wait to see them. So being a good friend I gave her a sneak peak and uploaded a few pictures to my instagram page. I was not expecting anything out of the ordinary posting these photos, but just a couple of likes. Well, it turns out that people actually liked my pictures a lot and were asking me how much I charge and wanting me to take their pictures too. This got me thinking real hard and I talked to Dakota about making this an actual thing. I made an instagram just on my photography and I have already gotten over 100 followers. I decided to do a contest and the winner gets a free photo shoot! This gets my name out there and people other than my friends looking at my pictures. The best way for a business to get started is by word of mouth. Well, my hobby will make me some extra money by word of mouth! I absolutely love taking pictures and I know how expensive a session can be. If I produce good pictures and not even charge half of what professionals do then I can definitely get some business. Enough talking about my amateur photography skills! You need to see them for yourself :)








Until next time, Lexi