Image Map

Monday, May 5, 2014

Fun filled weekend!

Well, my weekend was super fun, but super busy! I was doing something every minute of the day and even though they were all fun things it just completely flew over my head. I think I enjoyed it so much because for once I didn't have ANY homework to do because the spring semester is OVER!! & the good news is that I don't have to go back to school until June :)

Friday morning we celebrated one of my coworkers Brittany & congratulated her on graduating with her Masters! We had sparkling grape juice and fruit. It was so yummy & I am glad I didn't drink my breakfast yet. That afternoon I ate lunch with my granny at Panera bread. I love eating lunch with her and catching up about our day and the week we have had. The diet bet had ended the day before and I caught her up on the winners and that I had lost 8 pounds! Long story short on the diet bet nobody could agree on who the number 1 winner was so everyone just got their money back and just congratulated each other on losing the weight. Also, my husband and I are trying to buy a home and because of the flood it damaged it and they had to rip out the kitchen cabinets, and half the wall's drywall. It was really heartbreaking to know that the house we have been looking to buy since we got married just opened up in March and then right when we got pre-approved it gets damaged from the storm. It was also another one of my new years resolutions for 2014. After getting off work I headed to the Nail lounge for a manicure since my acrylics were looking pretty rough. I got the gel & I am pretty happy with how they turned out. After leaving the nail lounge I headed to the mall to waste some time while waiting for Dakota to get off of work. I hit up a bunch of my favorite stores and got some more goodies for my moms on Mothers day next weekend! Finally, after walking around the mall for what seemed like forever I headed home. I decided to check the mail which I never really do because it's usually nothing, but for some reason I felt the need to open up the mailbox and there was my package from the necklace club!!! Every month I get a necklace delivered to me and it is the most exciting thing seeing what it looks like. I actually got two necklaces this time and I was even more excited. That night Dakota and I ordered pizza and watched our saved recordings of The Walking Dead. It was nice to just stay in for the night and be with each other watching one of our favorite shows. We didn't have a care in the world and I love nights like that.
"The girls celebrating Brittany"

"May Necklace"
 
"My favorite! May necklace #2"
 
"Gel manicure"
Saturday morning Dakota got up around 5:30 and headed to work while I slept in and it was wonderful! I woke up around 9 & cleaned the house. It has been so hectic lately with mine and Dakota's schedule that we have been slobs lately. Not saying that my house looks like a tornado went through it....... but.... Anyways, I deep cleaned the bathroom and picked up random items off the floor everywhere. Once I got done cleaning I got ready for Linda's baby shower. It kind of made me sad that it was such  super gorgeous day and that I wasn't soaking up the sun, but I would feel selfish if I didn't go. I had taken her maternity pictures and already told her I was coming. I mean it's not everyday that you get to go to a baby shower. The sun can wait! Once I got to Linda's shower I was so glad that I showed up to support her because not many people did. I mean it was a nice shower and everything, but a lot of the tables were not filled up. I am so thankful that my mother in law came with my sister and grandma! We all sat together and talked the whole time. It was good seeing my other mommy because for some reason we haven't talked lately. I think I have just been so busy with finals and stressing about this house and other things that I kind of kept to myself and shut people out. Totally got off topic, but the shower was so pretty. The theme was butterflies and there was butterfly decorations everywhere. The games were fun, the food was good, and I loved watching her open the gifts. They got a lot of clothes and not much necessities, but hey.. can't complain. When I have my baby shower I am not registering for a SINGLE clothing item because I know I will be getting loads and loads from mine and Dakota's family. I want as many diapers, bottles, wipes, burp rags, and medicine as possible. After the shower I headed to Target to finish up the rest of the decorations for the mothers day presents. While I was there I obviously had to look around and shop and ended up finding a super cute dress that was on the sale rack! When I got home I waited for Dakota to get off of work and we headed to the movies and saw the other woman. I have been wanting to see this movie SO bad and I was so excited when Dakota finally agreed to go with me. *spoiler alert- Dakota loved it too! We laughed so hard and I for sure want to buy it when it comes out on DVD! After a long day Dakota and I were both SO tired that once our heads hit the pillow we were out.
"The present table"

"Her absolutely adorable cake"

"Opening presents"


"Me & Linda"
"Enjoying the sunshine & rocking my new necklace"
"Just hanging out waiting for the movie to start"

"I sure do love this man"
 
Sunday morning once again Dakota was up before the sun and I slept in until it was time to get up for church. After getting ready I sent Dakota a picture of me taking my first Prenatal vitamin pill and asked if he was really ready because we have talked about it and we are ready to start a family and are actually going to start trying sooner than we had planned. After I sent it he told me how cute I was ;)! I won't discuss any details, but it's happening sooner than you think my fellow bloggers and we are so, so, so excited.  The whole reason I created this blog was to track my pregnancy & that is finally going to happen!!! We already have the names picked out and everything. After the service I went over to my in laws and helped make some yummy burgers and tots. After eating and spending time with them I headed over to NAS to take pictures of my cousin and her niece to give to her mom for Mother's day. They were super sweet and I really enjoyed taking their pictures even though I was covered in sweat and sand. After taking their pictures I went back home and did an enormous amount of laundry and watched a movie. It was nice to relax and have time to myself. That night my granny called me with some extremely exciting news about the house. The owners were going to fix the flooding damage and are dropping the price! Hallelujah!!! We went over to check it out and recruited Dakota's parents to see it and get their opinion. They both really liked it and thought it would be a good fixer upper. The house is in need of some TLC real bad & I can't wait get started. Maybe my new years resolution will come along after all along with some other things! ;)
"The picture I sent my husband"

"Taking pictures of this sweet baby"
 


Until next time, Lexi