Image Map

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend!

Mother's day weekend was a busy one, but nevertheless it was wonderful and full of love. I always love holidays and Mother's day is one of my favorites. I love showering both of my moms with gifts and just letting them know how much I appreciate and love them.

Friday afternoon I went out to lunch with my husband. We went to Fazzoli's and it was alright. The breadsticks were yummy, but I can't say the same for the pizza. I love being able to spend time with my husband and we like to take advantage of his days off because he very rarely gets them. After getting back from lunch I found some Jamberry nail wraps at my desk! One of my coworkers sells it & I have been asking her to bring some in so I could try it. I only had a couple to choose from that would fit my nail size so obviously I went with the chevron. :)

"My Jamberry nail"


 Later that night Dakota and I met his parents at our little sisters recital at her school. It was their parents 27th Wedding anniversary and they had plans for a really nice dinner so they left early and we stayed through the whole thing. Once it was over us three went out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. That is probably one of my favorite restaurants and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their steak. After eating dinner we headed home with Hannah and we all hit the hay around 10:30.
"A selfie before going to the recital"
"Me and my other momma at Hannah's recital"

"Me & Hannah"
 
Saturday morning Dakota's alarm clock went off around 3:30 AM for work and so once he got out of bed I star fished like nobody's business. I woke up on my own around 8:45 and did all the loads of laundry and just picked up around the house. Hannah was still sleeping so I tried to be quiet, but she eventually woke up around 10:30. That afternoon her momma picked her up and then I headed to my momma's to get ready together for a wedding! The wedding was at Jubilee at 3:30 and I have been waiting for this day for 5 months! I used to work with Lori and she was texting me the whole time before they got engaged saying he was acting all weird and then he popped her the question. I also helped out with her bridal shower and did some of the planning. She is a good friend of mine and like I said before.... I was super excited for the wedding. The wedding was absolutely gorgeous. I loved all of her decorations and she looked stunning. Lori is covered in tattoo's and I LOVE it. She is one of those girls who has a badass/edgy personality, but is SUPER girly. I cried like a baby when her daughter walked down the aisle and then even more when she did. I didn't even cry at my own wedding when I was saying my vows, but I sure did with hers. They are both a godly couple and have overcome so much to get where they are now. It was so rewarding to see how much God was in their marriage and how much they cared and included him. It isn't a commitment with just man and women. It is a commitment with God as well. After the wedding I headed back home and changed so we could meet Dakota's parents at Applebee's for an early Mother's Day dinner since Dakota had to work. We all had a good time and Tracy loved her presents. She is all about nautical stuff so I got her a really cute frame, a beach/ocean smelled candle, coconut flavored body wash, and some Scentsy. Once Dakota and I got home we snuggled on the couch and just watched some TV together.
"Headed to the Wedding"
"Their First Dance"

"Me & the BEAUTIFUL Bride"

"Cutting the Cake"
"Tracy opening her presents"

"Me & Jim"
"Dakota & his momma"
"The Ward Family"
Sunday morning was Mother's day and I woke up early and got ready for church. After church me and Tracy went to KFC to pick up food for everybody. We talked the whole way there and it just made me stop and think how thankful I am to have such a good relationship with my mother in-law. She really is a cool and easy going person. I mean it's pretty hard not to like her! Once we got home my brother in law made some banana pudding. I have never had it the way he made it so I was a little skeptical about it at first, but after that KFC it was calling my name. I pretty much ate two bowls..... and nope, not even sorry. Job well done, Ethan! After lunch the family laid around and we watched inception. Talk about blowing your mind. It was my third time trying to watch it and yeah, I am still a little lost. Sunday afternoon I went over to my mommy's house and ate dinner with them and my grandparents. We always celebrate these holidays together and just reminisce on old times. Of course after dinner we opened presents and took a lot of pictures. I got my mom a picture frame with a picture of us from Easter, some hand soap, body wash, and some Scentsy. I got my granny the same thing except for a picture frame. I love being able to celebrate my mom and granny because they are truly amazing women and they are so important to me. Without them I wouldn't be the woman I am today. I can't thank God enough for blessing me with such an amazing and loving family.
"My granny & mommy"

"The Brooks/Ward Family"
 
 


Until next time, Lexi!