Image Map

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Weekend!

So, I wasn't good with updating my blog last weekend and I figured I would make it up with this weekends post since it was a day longer! Friday I had lunch with my grandparents at a Mexican restaurant right around the corner from my work. The whole time we talked about the house my husband and I are in the process of buying. It was fun to tell them all the plans we have for renovating it & when we plan on moving in. Also, while at lunch my grandparents told me about a 50th family reunion down in Alabama in June. I have never been to a family reunion before and I really excited about going. That night since Dakota was working until midnight I hung out with Chandler, Moe, and their precious baby girls. I love having girls night especially when kids are involved. Call me old, but that was my perfect Friday night (besides missing my husband). We just talked the whole time and watched the girls play and watched a movie to help the girls wind down for bedtime. Chandler got Oaks a puppy for her early birthday present so it was cute to see Oakleigh loving all over him and calling him "Doug", but really meaning to call him dog! Oaks turns the big ONE on June 1st and her momma has a big celebration planned. Its mermaid themed & I'm so excited to watch Oakleigh eat smash her cake in her cute little mermaid outfit.

"Me and my granny at lunch"
"The girls playing with the ball"

"Oaks and her new puppy"

"she's such a sweetie!"
 


 Saturday Dakota and I slept in until about 9:30 and it was soooooooooooo glorious. We wanted to go to the beach, but just didn't want to deal with all of the traffic. So instead we met our friend Tim and went to Sam's surf city to play on the water slides and lazy pools. It was really fun to spend the afternoon with both of them and just act like a little kid without a worry in the world. After leaving the waterpark we headed to the dry park to play some mini golf! Dakota won first place, I won second, and Tim was last. After playing a round we all split ways and got ready for dinner! After getting home I had Dakota check the mail and sure enough my necklace of the month was here! I LOVE the first of the month now because I always get in a new, cute accessory. My friend Britt tagged along for dinner and we all went to Outback Steakhouse. It's my FAVORITE place to eat and now that I'm legal I can have their yummy drinks too. Dinner was a blast and it was fun just talking and laughing with everyone. I haven't seen Britt in forever and I was so happy that she could come. After dinner me, Dakota, and Britt went to All about Ink and got my tattoo touched up. It has been looking rough lately and it was time to bite the bullet and just go ahead and get it done again.

"Soaking up the sun"

"My lovebug"

"Dakota concentrating, lol"


 
"My June necklace"
 
 
"Me, Time, and Britt"

"My hottie of a husband"

"Yummy drinks"
 


Sunday morning Dakota and I went to church and the preaching was really good. We really like Jason. Our other Pastor resigned and I really hope that Jason is able to move back here and stay to take the position. If not then I know that God has someone for us that will lead us. After church we went to the grocery store to pick up a few extra items for dinner with my parents and grandparents. Both my dad and my grandpa served in the military and were deployed and I wanted to have everyone over for dinner just to say thank you and let them know how much I loved them as was proud of them. Around 6:30 is when they all came over and we had a delicious taco bar ready for them. My granny came over and brought over some homemade ice cream and that really hit the spot after eating all those tacos. After visiting with everyone we said our goodbyes. My brother stayed over because we had plans to go to the movies to see Godzilla. If you haven't seen it yet then you probably should! I loved it & I would probably watch it again once it's available on redbox.

"Garrett, granny, and mommy"

"Kota, mainman, and daddy"


Monday morning Dakota and I didn't sleep in as late as we wanted to because our kitties were being bad! For some reason on our days off they like to wake us up and meow non-stop! Dakota had plans to meet with Roger around 1 at the house we are trying to buy because the banks needs some estimates on what all needs to be done. To waste some time we headed to the pool and it was a gorgeous day. After an hour of being there and just talking and enjoying the sunshine little William came over with aunt Terri and we all chatted for a bit. I got to hold and love on William. He's such a cute water baby and loved splashing in the water. That afternoon Dakota met with Roger and I stayed home and did laundry and got ready to go to the mall. We just did some shopping and really just spent time with each other. I really enjoyed spending three whole days with my husband! It stinks that it is over now, but we have a vacation planned in June and I am really looking forward to that.
"Laying pool side with a view ;)"

"All mine!"

"Sweet baby William"


I hope everyone had a wonderful memorial weekend! I know I did :)
Until next time, Lexi.