Image Map

Monday, January 12, 2015

Oh hey Monday// Weekend recap

The weekend has already come and gone. My sweet hubs was sick with strep throat and an upper respiratory infection so he was home off work all weekend and resting it up. Of course I took care of him and made him breakfast both days that I was off too. I was on a French toast kick so of course that it was he got both days, lol. Now to my recap!


Friday after work I met my friends (who I also work with) at 2 Stix for some delicious Sushi! As always I got the black dragon roll and I tried the 2 stix roll (not my favorite). Jessica got 3 rolls and Amanda got Hibachi. We talked for hours after eating just talking about work and life in general. I am so glad I have those girls to keep me sane from work because seriously once this baby gets here I can't wait to have my 12 weeks away from my job. After dinner I stopped by Target to get some face wash and new toothbrushes for when Dakota starts to feel better. Of course I had to stop by the newborn section and ohhh my goshhhhhh they had their fall clothing on clearance and I got Walker 5 cute little outfits and they were all under $7! SCORE!!! Given some of them are 6 months, but they will surely be put to good use. After Target I headed home to find my sick hubby in bed. Poor thing spent the whole day in bed. I decided to sleep with him because I was not about to sleep on the couch. I just took Lysol to everything and called it a night. When I took off my heels my feet were SO swollen. I couldn't even see my ankle. I didn't even realize how swollen they were until I propped my feet up and could feel them throbbing. I texted my mother in law a picture of them and she told me I shouldn't be so swollen this early, but my app told me swollen feet are a symptom by 23 weeks. I guess I just shouldn't wear heels anymore. Gotta get that doctors note to wear sandals! ;)
"Work selfie because baby boy is showing"
"Black Dragon and 2 Stix roll"
"Holy swollen feet"
 
 
Saturday morning I woke up and made me and Dakota some Cinnamon & Vanilla French toast. I'm not one to cook because I honestly hate it, but I was feeling miss housewife and wanted to make my hubby happy. After eating a delicious breakfast Dakota and I lounged around the house and eventually headed to the bank and then to his mommas to pick up my new address plaque for the house. It was my Christmas present but you know how Etsy is.. especially during the holidays. It didn't come in the mail until like last Thursday. I must say though the wait was definitely worth it because I am so in love and can't wait to put it up. When we got back home Dakota laid in bed while I got ready for my cousins wedding. I went with my brother and grandparents. It was a cute little wedding. Very small and casual. The bride is a couple days ahead of me and is due May 8th and she looked absolutely adorable with her bump in her wedding dress. The ceremony was at their church and then the reception was at a hotel she works at. The room was dressed up cute and had heavy appetizers. There wasn't a DJ or dancing, but there were hot wings (Haha). It was nice being able to see my cousin (the groom) all dressed up in his nice suit and smiling from ear to ear. I wish them both all the happiness in the world!! After leaving the reception we all went back home and just lounged around the living room watching Dateline NBC until it was time for bed. I must admit I am very happy  to have spent the evening with my grandparents because as I was laying on the couch she was playing with my hair and then Dakota came in and sat at my feet and started rubbing them. I was in pregnant girl heaven.
"Willow doesn't care if dad is sick.. she wants a belly rub"
"Our new address plaque"
"Pre wedding selfie"
 
"Mr. & Mrs. Moseley
"Look at that cute bump"
"Me & my cousin Rachel"


Sunday morning I woke up wanting French toast again and I made us some Peanut butter & banana French toast. It was VERY good and VERY filling. I got the recipe offline and it was super easy. It will be something I make Walker when he is a bit older. After breakfast Dakota and I laid back in bed and watched Castaway. I have never seen that movie and have been waiting for it to come up on Netflix. Willow decided to join us and sit right in the middle. After the movie I cleaned up the house and did laundry while Dakota napped on the couch and watched the Bronco & Colts game. He was feeling a lot better and decided to go work on the house for a bit just to clean some stuff up since we are having some appliances delivered the next day. He came back home exhausted (poor thing) and had to lay back down. I feel so bad for him. He is not much of a lounger and likes to just go, go, go! So for him to stay in the house and sleep all weekend he really didn't feel good at all. I'm also very relieved that I didn't get sick. I kept my hands washed and my Lysol on check at all times. He did feel well enough to join us for dinner. My granny made ribs, baked beans, and tater salad. I may or may not have had 6 ribs (oops).... no shame people. You would feel the same way too if you haven't been able to eat ribs, steak, or beef tips since August. Walker is just now letting me eat my favorite meats again. I ended my Sunday night doing homework and taking a quiz for my Managerial Accounting class. Literally horrible, but hopefully I can pass this 6 week class.
"Willow joining us to watch the movie"
 


I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend! I am looking forward to tomorrow for my 23 week checkup on little man.
Until next time, Lexi :)