Image Map

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

27 week update on Mr. Walker!

Yesterday I had my 27 week checkup. I was super nervous about this checkup because it was time to take my glucose test & get my Rhogam shot. I went to do my glucose testing before my appointment and was super nervous for the drink because I have heard nothing but bad things about it. I was asked if I wanted room temp or cold and I immediately thought, "Gross, I don't think I could stomach room temp". Before asking what flavors they had she came out and gave me an orange flavored drink. Dakota took a sip before I did and he said that it wasn't bad at all. Just a really strong Gatorade. I had to chug it and it was actually not that bad, but got thicker as I drank more of it. After finishing the drink I went upstairs for my appointment and my doctor measured my belly and gave a surprised look. Of course I had to ask what was wrong and he told me my baby was measuring 29 inches and that I was measuring bigger for 27 weeks. Well that's all I have heard this pregnancy. He is measuring ahead and I keep asking if this will change my due date, but they keep assuring me that he will be a May baby and that he is going to be big. Like 8 or 9 pounds healthy. I was starting to stress out, but my friends quickly reassured me that a big baby is a healthy baby. After my checkup he had a nurse come in to give me my Rhogam shot! Seriously, y'all if you haven't had it before that needle is SUPER BIG. Like too big to go in my arm. She had to stick it in my lower hip on top of my right cheek. It seriously hurt like hell & burned going in. I had to keep telling myself that it was for Walker's health and that he needed it to survive. Which is true. I never thought being pregnant that I would get poked with needles so much. After I got my shot I had to go back downstairs and get blood work drawn to see how my body reacted to the glucose and breaking down the sugary substance. I still haven't gotten my results back, but hopefully I will get a call in the morning. Keep me and my son in your prayers, please!

"Cheers to 27 weeks"



Update on Baby Boy
  • Walker is as big as a Rutabaga measuring 13.6-14.8 inches & 1.5 - 2.5 pounds (although I know he bigger than that)
  • He's practicing inhaling/exhaling with his rapidly developing lungs
  • It's official!! He is showing brain activity and his brain will keep on getting more complex
  • He can regulate his body temp

Update on momma
  • Super swollen feet & legs (To the point where they hurt and are tingling)
  • Have a hard time breathing when sitting on the couch. I have to actually sit up straight and can't "lounge"
  • Hair is getting thick again & I'm loving it
  • Very, very hungry all the time
  • Starting to get sleepy again, but not as bad as the first trimester
  • Getting excited and anxious to meet my little man
  • Having a hard time finding clothes that fit me are comfortable, but I did score a cute dress and some tops from Old Navy, and  Motherhood Maternity!

"Old Navy outfit"
"MM dress"


Our next appointment is March 3rd for my 30 week checkup! I can't believe we are almost there!!!


Image Map