Image Map

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A weekend with my Valentine

So, I'm a little late on the weekend recap. Monday was a stressful one for me. I woke up around 1 AM with contractions and they came and went until about 5. It was awful and what was even worse was that I was nauseous the entire time. On top of that I wasn't off for Presidents day so I HAD to go in at work. It was a long and rough day, but once I came home my hubby took care of me. He's such a good husband. With that being said, here's my recap!


Friday at work I got a surprise from the UPS guy! I totally wasn't expecting anything, but once he handed me a box I immediately started to cry. Once I opened it up and read the note from my Valentine, my crying quickly escalated to a Kim Kardashian ugly cry! I just couldn't hold back the tears. Dakota had seriously surprised me and totally made my whole day. He is so good at keeping secrets (unlike me) and I couldn't wait to see him when I got home. Unfortunately, that night he was working on his truck at a friends house and I had some homework to do so I couldn't see him until later that night. He met me at my friend Ben & Chan's house and brought me dinner. I have been craving Pasta and that's exactly what he got me.
"My surprise from my Valentine"
"Winston had to check it out too"
 
Saturday morning Dakota woke me up early and asked if I wanted to join him for breakfast. It took me a little bit to get out of bed because I had Willow snuggling me hard core. She usually likes to lay on my pillow and sleep, but these snuggles were too sweet to give up. We went to Native CafĂ© on the beach and ended up meeting my sister and brother in law there! The food was pretty good (I got the vanilla cinnamon French toast), and it was nice catching up with them. We all decided to head to Destin for the day to do some shopping. The guys ended up bowling and me and Katie walked around the stores. I couldn't find anything for myself, but I did find some cute things for Walker. That night Dakota and I headed back to Chandler and Ben's to work on an exam for my Financial Class. It's pretty nice having a friend who is in the same class & for Chan looking up some answers, Lol.
"Snuggling with my Willow"
"Dakota bowling"
"Ethan getting bowl on"
"Eating dinner with Oaks. Cheesin' hard"


Sunday morning Dakota and I got up early again and ate breakfast together again. He made us some cinnamon rolls and they were soooooooo yummy. After breakfast we got ready for church. We enjoyed the service and after met his grandparents for lunch at Wayne's diner. It's a southern place and has delicious fried okra and cheese grits. Of course I killed my fried chicken plate and was STILL hungry after it was gone. When we told his grandparents goodbye, Dakota got a call from his momma asking if he could come over and pick up his fish tank. We really just wanted to go home and spend some time together, but decided to go ahead and go over there. It was nice seeing his parents and I got to set a date with his momma for my baby shower! I was also getting my cozy on and Walker kept kicking me. Tracy took a pic of me because she hasn't seen my belly in a few days and he has certainly gotten bigger. I sure do love my little guy. After leaving his parents house we headed home so I could do some laundry and Dakota wanted to unpack some more of the office (yes we still have boxes). When he was unpacking he found this book called " 1001 Things it means to be a dad". I loved watching him read it and even started to choke up and had to stop. Seriously, my heart melted and I don't think I could love that guy more. Once I was finished with laundry we headed out to Outback for our Valentines dinner. I loved being able to spend time with him and enjoyed his company. We haven't been together just us all weekend and I wanted to soak up every minute of it.

"Breakfast with my Valentine"
"Me & Walker 28 weeks"
"Dakota reading his daddy book"
"Yummy fish at Outback"
 
 
 
I am SO blessed to have a man who cares so much for me and wants to make me feel special. It might be the raging hormones, but God couldn't have picked a better man to be my Valentine for the rest of my life. Here I am crying again... happy tears of course.


Image Map