Image Map

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Bed Rest// 36 week bumpdate

First off, let me just say that I totally intended on doing a post on Monday and Tuesday but my body had other plans. Monday morning I got up for work feeling weird and had leaked a lot of what I thought was fluid. I didn't think anything of it, but once I got to work I kept leaking and my stomach started to hurt really bad. I told my supervisor what was going on and she asked me if my water had broke? That thought NEVER crossed my mind and I went into panic mode. I immediately called my mom and husband. My mom met me at the hospital where they took me in L&D triage. Fortunately, my water did not break and it was a false alarm.. but I did get bad news. My BP was so high while they had me on the monitors that they called my doctor to look at my swelling and requested a urine test. He also did an ultrasound on Walker to make sure he wasn't breach. Thank goodness he has turned head down and is in my pelvis. However, my urine test did not come back so well and showed that I had some protein in it. They had me monitored until my BP went down and then requested that I do a 24 hour urine sample and turn it back in to them the very next day to test for Preeclampsia. Once they let me go home I had to pee in a jug for 24 hours and keep it chilled. I totally thought that I would pass and that this would all go away, but boy was I wrong. The next day I turned in my urine and went up to my doctors office to ask paperwork for missing work. As they were filling out my paperwork a nurse asked me to come to the back. They received my results and they weren't at all what I had hoped for. The doctor requested that I go in one of his exam rooms and wait for him. He came in and told me that I had Preeclampsia and that he wanted to induce me that very day unless my cervix was not softened. He did the exam and my cervix was just not ready yet. After talking with him and putting me on very strict bed rest I had to go back upstairs to triage and do a stress test on Walker. Fortunately, it all came back good and he is happy and healthy. Tomorrow I have an appointment and I pray that my cervix is soft enough for him to induce me. The longer he's in there the worse my preeclampsia will get and the more miserable I will be. I never thought that I would be put on bed rest because this pregnancy has been so smooth, but honestly the third trimester has been a totally different ball game.


Walker is the size of a Honeydew and hopefully we get to meet him within the next few days!
  • He is measuring up to 18.7 inches and 5.8 pounds
  • His skin is getting smooth and soft and his gums are rigid
  • His liver and kidneys are in working order
  • His circulation and immune system are good to go too
  • He's making sucking motions to practice for breastfeeding

"Baby has dropped head down in my pelvis"


Gender: BOY!

 
Weight gain: I now weigh 210...... Doc says that it's mostly fluid

 
Maternity clothes: Are out of the window basically. I just stay in oversized t-shirts and leggings. It's the only thing I'm comfortable in.

 
Stretch marks: Starting to get them on the bottom of my tummy & here I thought I would get away with just the ones on my butt and boobs.
 
Belly button in or out: Still in, but I don't know how much longer it will make it.

 
Sleep: I usually get up every hour, but Wednesday I slept a solid 5 hours. It was wonderful 

 
Best moment this week: This week has been pretty stressful. I would say the best moment is just having a good support system. I couldn't get through it without my husband and family.

 
Worst moment this week: Finding out I have preeclampsia and being put on bed rest. 

 
Miss anything: Having my own body. Being 9 months pregnant is just no fun.
 
Symptoms: Swelling, back pain,  and nauseous from the contractions.
  
Movement: Oh yes! I love feeling him kick and roll around in there. 

 
Cravings: Pretty much the same as usual.

 
Queasy or sick: A little sick from the contractions
 
Looking forward to: My appointment tomorrow. Hopefully he will induce me and we will have a baby THIS WEEKEND!!!!






Image Map