Image Map

Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Weekend Recap

Easter weekend was a fast one! I really enjoyed spending time with friends and family.  Here's a little recap of what went on.


Friday after work I headed to the mall to find a baby shower outfit! Last minute I know, but there are literally no maternity clothes out that I like right now. I'm in an awkward stage with my belly and nothing fits that well. I ended up finding a cute cover up to wear over a dress I already had in my closet! Of course I can't go shopping and not buy my son something adorable. He ended up getting more items that me, but that's probably how it's going to be from here on out. I love shopping for little boys. All of the cute plaid shirts and little khaki shorts. My heart seriously melts every time. I also love little girls clothes and can't get over the adorable sandals and bows. My sister in law is having a girl so once baby shower time rolls around I can get some cute girly things. Once I got home I had a surprise waiting for me in my mailbox. Walker's swaddle and cap came in that he's going to wear at the hospital! I ordered it about a month ago and was getting a little uneasy that it might not get here in time for his arrival, but to my surprise it did. I opened it up and couldn't help but smile. It's seriously the cutest thing ever and I'm so ready to snuggle him up in it.
"Purchased this from Posies Handmade off of Etsy"


Saturday Dakota had to work and I slept in. It was baby shower day, but the party wasn't until 3:30. So you know what this momma did? Absolutely nothing. I lounged around all day and didn't feel guilty one bit. I actually enjoyed watching TV with Willow and not have to do anything else. Finally, around 2 I decided to start getting ready. I took my time and it was nice. It's become a serious hassle getting ready everyday. My back starts to hurt from standing and I start sweating from doing my hair. I'm surprised I still get ready for work. There have been plenty of days I just throw my hair up in a bun and walk out the door. Getting off topic here! But once I finished getting ready I walked next door to my granny's house and saw all of the decorations and presents. Seriously, this boy is spoiled and we absolutely loved everything he got. We are so grateful and beyond blessed to have so many people who love him and want to celebrate his upcoming arrival. My mom, granny, and my granny's best friend were the hostesses. They did an awesome job. We played games, had yummy food, and just talked for a while even after the party was over. The theme of the shower was woodland just like my nursery. They did a really good job with the woodland scene and I think the food table was my absolute favorite part. I can't thank them enough for the wonderful shower. I know they put a lot of hard work and effort into it and it really showed. I took a lot of pictures, but didn't like any of them. My entire body is so swollen and in all of my pictures my face is just insanely huge. I'm so ready to have my body back after this guy is done cookin'. Here a few pictures from the shower!
"The adorable food table"
"The present table"
"My wonderful hostesses"
"My momma & her sisters"
"Some of the cousins"
"All of his stuff when we brought it home"
 

Sunday Dakota had to work again and I slept in once again. Once I finally rolled out of bed I ate breakfast and worked on homework for my Ethics class until it was time to go over to my granny's for Easter lunch around 2. The table was full of food and it was just my parents, brother, and grandparents. We really missed Dakota and my cousins, but it was a nice quiet time with loved ones. We prayed and ate good food! We also lounged around the back porch for a while so our food could settle. It was the first time I broke out my maternity shorts and let me tell you... it was amazing. I wasn't hot at all and they were actually super comfortable. I just got them from Old Navy and will probably be going back to get another pair just in a different color. After leaving my granny's house I finished up my homework and then waited for Dakota to get home from work. We ended the night watching Netflix in bed. Walker was kicking me all around and I just can't get over that he will be here in a few short weeks. Our bags are packed and we are waiting for you little man. I can't wait for next Easter when I can surprise you with a bag full of goodies and watch you look for Easter eggs with daddy's help. God is so good and has blessed my life so much.
"Me & my little brother"
"Me & my momma"







Image Map