Image Map

Monday, April 7, 2014

My weekend recap!

I don't normally do a weekend recap, but I think I am going to start!! This weekend was filled with good friends and good food that I couldn't eat. I am going to start my weekend with Thursday because that's when my weekend really started.

Thursday, I got to watch sweet baby McKinley! I adore her and love watching her grow. I have been watching her since late February and it is so exciting to see her learn new things such as talking and trying to roll over. Watching her has definitely helped with my baby fever because I get to love on her two to three days a week. I love that she recognizes me now and always smiles at me when her mom hands her to me in the mornings. It just so happened that Thursday was her 4 month birthday & of course I had to take some pictures! She has just learned the motor skills to enjoy tummy time and manages to drool everywhere while giving me a big smile and cracking a laugh every now and then. She just makes my heart melt and I am going to be SO sad when I won't be able to watch her anymore (I am trying to find a full time job). It's bittersweet, but I need to focus on my future with my husband and our future family. After watching McKinley I headed to the hair salon for something new. My husband absolutely hates bangs, but I have been debating on them for a while. I just told my hair stylist to chop them all off and not open my eyes until they are done! When I opened my eyes I didn't even recognize myself. I absolutely LOVE them! I sent a picture to the hubs and of course he was a hater, but I knew that before hand. I have gotten a lot of compliments on them so I think I am going to keep them for a while.
"McKinley enjoying tummy time!"


"The new hair"
 

 
 

 

 Friday after watching McKinley I went home and got on my running shoes and ran to my friend Chandler's house which is about 2 miles. After I made it there her husband greeted me at the door with an ice cold water!! It was nice to catch up with Chandler and Ben and play with little Oaks! Chandler is planning her 1st birthday party in June & it's going to be Mermaid themed. I am SO excited. After staying and chatting for a while Chandler took me back home (because I was not about to run 2 miles back home, lol) and Dakota was home so he made us some yummy dinner and finished our night with some walking dead!
 
Saturday I got up earlier than I wanted to because I had a bridal shower to help decorate! My friend Lori is getting married May 10th & I am so excited for her. She is going to make such a beautiful bride and I know with her edgy style and full sleeve tattoo's that her bridals are going to be AMAZING. After getting ready I headed to Publix to get some food and drinks and I got to her house at 12:30. Her theme was the beach so her colors were teal and white and we made it look like you were under the sea! The bridal shower was a success minus the annoying rain that made everyone soaking wet while walking in. I am very proud of myself because I didn't have a bite of anything bad and didn't cave in and eat cake. Even though I was super busy the whole time I managed to take some pictures. After I left the shower I headed over to Chandler's to hang out with her, Jordan, Moe, and of course the cute kiddos! I stayed at Chan's until Dakota got off work around 11. I might end up being one of Jordan's bridesmaids so I may have put my baby plans on hold for a little while longer. I really do not want to be a huge whale about to pop at her wedding.
"Me with the beautiful bride"

"The cute cake and cupcakes! I made the frames in the background too"















Sunday morning I went to church by myself as usual because Dakota had to work. It was a good message and I actually got something out of it. Everyone seemed to be in a weird mood that day so I decided to do my own thing and came home to eat some lunch and then I headed over to my parents house to hang out with them until Dakota got off work. It was a nice time. I finished up some homework and then I told my mom about some recipe that I wanted to try! My brother and I headed to the grocery store to pick up some items that I needed for the shrimp avocado salad and then a few things that my mom needed. While in the car my brother and I actually held a conversation for more than five minutes. It's not that we don't get along its just that we are total opposites and in different areas in our life. Of course it was storming and we got drenched, but I managed to take a selfie before looking like we jumped into a pool with our clothes on. Once we got back I started cooking and chopping away. Let me just say that the end result was that everyone was satisfied and there were no leftovers even with making 2 pounds of shrimp! It was good catching up with my family and eating dinner together at the table and asking each other about our day.
"Me & the not so little brother before getting drenched"





Until next time, Lexi