Image Map

Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekend recap// 16 week bumpdate!

Friday after work I went to get my hair done. I was going to go back dark brown since my hair hasn't been done since July, but my husband really wanted me to get it red. So of course I had to please my hubby and I went with the red! I actually really like it, but I know it isn't going to last long. Red fades so fast, but that just means I have to go sooner to get pampered ;)

Saturday Dakota had the day of and we went to Whataburger for our Saturday morning tradition. Their Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit is seriously the Cats Pajamas. Seriously, it's amazing. After breakfast we ran a couple of errands for the house. We bought a house back in October and we are renovating the entire thing! It's super stressful, but going to be so worth it once we get everything done! After we picked up a few items from Lowes Dakota and I got ready and headed to the mall. We were on the hunt for me a blue sweater and him a pink shirt for the gender reveal party. We literally went into every store in the mall..... blue is just not the color right now apparently. The last store we stopped in was American Eagle. I finally found a blue sweater and didn't even try it on. I just grabbed it because I was so happy I found one. Of course we couldn't find a shirt for Dakota, but hey at least we got me done and he scored a pair of pants while in the process. After the mall we headed to the Bonefish grill to meet my friend Jessica and her husband for dinner. We all have never been before, and honestly I wasn't missing out on much. The food is over priced and I wasn't impressed with it. I would rather get dinner at Chili's and do the 2 for $20! After dinner we all went to the movie to see the new Hunger Games movie. It was really good & I'm looking forward to the next one.
"The house we bought back in October"
"At the mall with my bebe"
"Me & Jessica"
"This picture cracks me up"
Sunday we woke up early and got ready for church. We have been attending the same one for about a month now and I really like it. I would like to visit other churches still, but for right now I am content with Plainview. After church we got some supplies for the gender reveal party which is coming up soon!!!! We stocked up on blue and pink plates, cups, napkins, etc. After some shopping we met Dakotas dad for lunch at one my favorite restaurants, Founaris brothers! I have been craving their vegetarian pizza and oh my gosh it was delicious. I'm sure I will be back soon! After lunch Dakota and I made a quick trip to Target so I could get some more maternity jeans and to find a pink shirt. No such luck, but I did find some cute maternity jeggings. Finally we headed home and I just did laundry and cleaned while Dakota made his deer jerky (gross). The entire house smelled and honestly made me a little nauseous. That night we watched TWD and Dakota gave the kitties their manicures.
"Daddy giving Willow a Mani"


& Now for my 16 week bumpdate! Little Baby Ward is the size of a Pickle and
  • Measures at 4.5 Inches and 4 ounces
  • Ears are developed enough that he/she can hear all the sounds that mommy can
  • Should start feeling some kicks, an event known as " quickening"
  • Growing hair, eyelashes, and brows
  • Forming taste buds
"16 weeks with my growing little one"

I am SO excited because this Friday we get to have an ultrasound where we found out the gender. I am bringing family and close friends to the ultrasound, but when they find the parts we are going to turn our heads because I don't want to ruin the surprise for the gender reveal! Eeeeek, I'm so ready to find out what we are having. I'm ready to start buying everything and getting nursery items together. I am still team BLUE I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Until next time, Lexi!