Image Map

Monday, March 9, 2015

Ups and Downs of this Weekend

My post is really straight to the point. I had one really good day and one really BAD day this weekend. The worst part is, is that I didn't even see or feel it coming.... If you have a weak stomach don't go past Saturday night!


Friday after work I met my friends Jess & Amanda for a yummy dinner at Olive Garden. Of course as usual I got the Ravioli and it was the BOMB. I seriously crave their Ravioli like you wouldn't believe and I can't wait to go back and get more. It made me the happiest pregnant girl ever when we all decided to eat at the OG a few days prior. I may or may not have counted down the days until Friday @ 5:00. Hey, no judgment here!! The struggle is certainly real and I have an excuse to go back real soon because my birthday is just around the corner! T minus 10 days, people. If you aren't sure what to get me I would LOVE a gift card to get me some pasta! Haha! After dinner, me and Amanda headed over to Target real quick to pick up a few items, but that quickly escalated to adding more items to my registry. We seriously had a blast scanning a million more items. The whole time we were like "ahhhh, that's adorable", or "Walker needs this"! Let's just say this little boy is set! Our first baby Shower is this weekend and I am sooooo dang excited. I can't wait to celebrate him and get a bunch of goodies.

Saturday morning I slept in until about 10 and then got ready to go see Jennifer (my hair lady)! I was super excited for this appointment because I had made it 3 weeks prior and I have been wanting to put blonde back in it. My husband absolutely loves my hair with blonde in it over the spring/summer time. So of course I have to get it done and make his little heart happy. I told him I should just keep it dark brown and he reassured me that dark hair color is for the fall. Lol, I don't know what to do with that man sometimes. My hair appointment was at 12:30 and I didn't get done until about 2:30. Of course Jennifer worked her magic and gave me exactly what I wanted! That woman seriously knows how to work some hair product. Right after my appointment as I was getting in my car Dakota called me and asked if I could bring him some lunch since they were sitting at post for a while. I hurried over to Wendy's and picked us up some food and met him at his work. Of course wouldn't you know as we are eating they get a call. They hadn't had a call in two hours, but the time I get up there in the 30 minutes they get a call and the city starts busting loose with 911 calls. It all worked out though because the call was canceled and get got to come back. I spent a good 45 minutes with him and his partner before they got another call. After leaving Dakotas work I went over to my moms house to help with some baby shower stuff that she is hosting for me in April. We headed over to Office Depot and printed off his invites. Seriously, the cutest invites ever. The theme of the shower is Woodland just like his nursery! That night Dakota and I went to Waffle House for dinner and of course I had to get a waffle (duh) and some yummy hash browns. Going to bed that night I felt completely fine.
"The caramel blondie"
"Hanging out with this hottie of a husband"
"Shower decorations"
"Decorations that my momma did"
 
 

Sunday morning I woke up around 10 again and I felt so crummy. I had plans with my friend Jessica to get some sushi for lunch and do some shopping for Walkers nursery, but I quickly let her know that it was no go. I decided to take a hot shower and see if that would make me feel better. Yeah, not the best idea. I laid back in bed for about 15 minutes feeling super nauseous. Then it hit me. I ran to the bathroom and threw up. I NEVER throw up. I haven't thrown up this entire pregnancy. Heck, I haven't puked in like a year. It just kept coming up. After the first episode I went to lay back in bed and tried to drink some water. No go on that!! Back to the bathroom I went. This time I threw up hash browns (won't be eating those again for a good long while). I eventually called my mom because it was getting to the point where I couldn't be alone and I needed someone to have by my side or in the same house at least. Right after I hung up with my mom I ran to the bathroom again and sorry for the TMI, but there was so much that I was exhausted and just sat on the floor. I couldn't even muster up the energy to flush the toilet. My mom came in and found me on the bathroom floor and freaked the hell out. I was so dehydrated and weak that I had to have her help me off the ground so she could take me to her house. Thank god she lives right around the corner because that 5 minute car ride was brutal. She set me up in the living room with some blankets, pillows, and a Gatorade. The whole time she didn't leave my side and held my hair and wiped my face every time I threw up. For some reason my breathing gets really rapid and I can't catch my breath after an episode and I start to hyperventilate. Every time she helped me control my breathing and I thank God for that woman because I probably would have passed out. Dakota was able to leave work and he came straight to my mommas house. He gave me topical Zofran that I rubbed on my wrists and it helped for about two hours. Then all of a sudden I started having contractions and had a sharp pain in my lower pack and in my stomach. I knew it was contractions because my tummy got really tight and it hurt like hell. I would have a contraction after every episode. After the last time I threw up I told Dakota that we needed to go to the hospital ASAP. I was in such bad shape and was barely holding on. No color in my face, completely wiped out from being so tired, and in so much pain. We went to Labor & Delivery and they took me right away. We got a little room and immediately they told me I didn't look good at all ultimately gave me three bags of fluid. I threw up so much liquid at the hospital and immediately felt better once my body sucked all the IV fluids. The contractions went away after the second bag of fluid and she had me do one more because my urine sample tested that I desperately needed it. The only bad part to this was that I couldn't drink anything or eat ICE for the rest of the night. I can't tell you how dry my mouth was. I would have paid someone $50 for a bottle of water.... seriously. Finally, they let me go around 11:30. Dakota took me home and put me in bed. I wasn't very nauseous, but I did for some reason have really bad restless legs. I just couldn't stop moving them. Eventually I just passed out and I woke up drenched in sweat. I don't know if it was food poisoning or I caught a stomach bug. Whatever the case, I am just so glad that I feel much better now and that Walker is okay. They had a monitor on him the whole time and his heart was beating hard and he was moving all around. It certainly was a peace of mind to know that he was okay and that he wasn't stressed out or dehydrated like I was.
"The nasty hand IV"
"First of three bags"


Monday morning, Dakota had me get in the shower and made me some toast. I had not had anything to eat since Saturday night and my body was hungry. Of course I didn't eat both pieces because I was afraid of throwing it back up... but I have kept everything down today. I am still really weak, but feeling much better. I have been snuggling with my Willow and sweet husband watching movies and found some energy to get some laundry done. Tomorrow I am back at work even though I think I need one more day to myself. If everyone could say a little prayer for me I would really appreciate it! I really hope that this upcoming weekend is nothing like yesterday. This momma has too much stuff to do!
"Eating pancakes while I ate my dry toast"
"Such cuties!"
 





Image Map