Image Map

Friday, May 22, 2015

Life as a new mom// One month old

Holy cow... blogging these days seems to be impossible. If I am not taking care of the baby I am either trying to catch up on laundry, the house, and catching up on my Z'sssss too. Instead of my cat nap I thought I would update my blog and fill everyone in on how life is as a new mom.


There are so many words to describe being a mom to a one month old. Exhausted & excited would be my main two. Not one persons advice or comments can prepare you for motherhood. You have to actually experience it for yourself and let me tell you... it's nothing like the advice I received on a daily basis while pregnant. Yes, the whole you won't sleep again is pretty much true. But my son has his own personality and I had to learn him and his cries. We have our own little routine down and it's going pretty good. He sleeps maybe 4 hours at a time at night and is now eating 4 ounces. He loves bath time and isn't too fond of diaper changes (but what child is)? He is still trying to determine if he likes tummy time or not and I'm still trying to determine if I like coffee enough to drink throughout the day. Motherhood has made me dip my toes to drinking coffee, but nothing crazy. I shower every other day now and my hair is always up. I feel like I'm working against a ticking time bomb when I get ready and he could cry out of a deep sleep any second. Being on time to anything is a joke and I have to get ready two hours before I have to be somewhere. I was pretty proud of myself for making it early to my sister in law's baby shower that started at 10 am. I started getting us ready at 7:30. You never know these days... my son usually has a blow out or spits up on himself right when we are about to walk out the door. Being a mom is so rewarding though despite all of the stressful/sleepless nights. All of the sweet snuggles and him just looking at me make it all worth it. I'm so loving being his momma and I'm dreading going back to work. I don't want  to imagine leaving my Son for 8 hours or more a day. I love being by his side every minute of the day. Don't get me wrong.. I do go out without him and let my mom or my mother in law watch him, but after a few hours I'm so ready to be home and kiss his cheeks a million times.

Now on to Walker James! One month ago I was holding him in my arms for the first time. That seriously feels like yesterday. Time has flown and although I'm sad he's not in his cute little newborn clothes anymore I am so excited to watch him grow and learn. Here are a little fun facts about him.

  • Absolutely loves bath time
  • HATES being changed whether it's his diaper or his outfit
  • Screams bloody murder being put in his carrier, but falls asleep once we get in the car every single time
  • Sleeps 4 hours at a time at night
  • Is now eating 4 ounces
  • LOVES to snuggle and cries sometimes when he figures out I put him down
  • Becoming more alert and looks at me while I talk to him

Walker James Ward, you are my greatest adventure and I'm so humbled you picked me to be your mommy. I love you more than anything and this first month with you has been the best. You're such a sweet boy and I look forward to watching you achieve all of life's little milestones.

"Love that gummy smile"

Image Map