Image Map

Monday, September 29, 2014

Weekend recap//The big announcement

We finally announced the BIG news to everyone via FB last Saturday. I can't believe how many people were so excited. It looks like this baby is going to be spoiled by everyone & I'm perfectly okay with that.

Friday night Dakota and I met up with our friends the Ervin's at Red Robin. The food was good, but I barely ate any of it. This pregnancy thing is weird. I literally feel like I'm starving & when I get in front of food I eat 5 or 6 bites and I feel so full. I guess it's a good thing for now because I could be eating everything in sight and gaining weight. After dinner we had plans to go to the movies with them, but had to make a pit stop to meet my sister in law and her husband to pick up the chalkboards they made for the announcement. Seriously so cute!!! They both looked so good & I am so grateful to have some artsy fartsy people in the family because I can barely draw stick figures.. much less write people on a chalkboard. After meeting with them we headed to the movies and met back up with Chandler and Ben. We watched the Maze Runner and it was seriously so good. Like really good. I would probably watch it again & again.

Saturday morning Dakota and I had to get up early for pictures because according to the weather it was supposed to start raining around 11 & we didn't want to get caught up in that. We picked up my momma and headed over to the spot where we wanted to take pictures and got there around 9:30. The scenery is gorgeous and was really going well with my cowboy/rustic/ theme I wanted (if that's even a theme). While taking pictures the weather was nice, but we literally were getting raped by mosquitos. My poor mom had bites all up and down her legs/arms/ chest.... and me all over my legs. Somehow Dakota managed to only get bit once on the arm? After taking pictures we took my mom out to lunch to thank her for taking such cute pics. We ate at Another Broken Egg CafĂ©' & it was alright. It tasted like any other breakfast restaurant just looked a little fancier. Speaking of fancy, I ordered a chocolate milk & what I got chocolate milk heaven. After we finished up eating Dakota and I dropped my momma back off and then headed home to look at the pictures and watch the FSU game. It was another ugly win for the books, but still a win.
"Get in my belly"

Now the moment you've all been waiting for!! The announcement pictures!!! I am so grateful for my mom and her photography skills because these pictures turned out great. I am also really grateful for my sister and brother in law for creating such cute chalkboards! These pictures would not have been as cute without them. I have been waiting to take these pictures and I am seriously so excited because it makes this pregnancy feel more real with the baby being involved in something. I am so ready to hold my sweet baby. I know it feels like forever away, but really it's not! It's almost October & in December we get to find out the gender! Dakota and I have FINALLY decided on a boys name that we both love. I'm not going to say anything just yet, but I'll announce it when December rolls around.
"I love this one"



"My favorite"

"Love this man more than anything"



Sunday morning Dakota had to work and I had lazy day. All I did was laundry, paint my nails, and watch ABC family. It was wonderful and I really needed a restful day with nothing on my agenda. Now hopefully I can get through this work week without falling asleep at my desk!

Until next time, Lexi! :)