Image Map

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Weekend recap

Friday after work I had to meet my co-workers at Kohl's so we could shop for some fall uniforms. I literally wanted to shoot my brains out..... all of these women range from 21 to early 50's so obviously we all have different style and opinions. We could not agree on ONE thing! I was about to lose it because for once my husband got off on time and was at home and I was stuck at Kohl's listening to women bicker about what shirts they liked or didn't like. As if it couldn't get any worse we went to another store... oh and you guessed it! We still couldn't agree on anything. It was already 7:30 and I headed home after  the second store and fortunately I got to spend a little time with my hubs before we went to bed. We ate pizza together and watched some t.v. It was a very quite Friday night and I actually enjoyed it. Our cat Willow was getting a little frisky when we were trying to wind down and kept bothering us so Dakota decided to annoy her and do the simba thing. Turns out she didn't like that too much and left us alone the rest of the night, lol.
"SIMBA"


 Saturday morning Dakota woke up early for work and then I had to get up around 6:45 to be at the Blue Wahoos stadium to participate in the Heart Walk! It was a gorgeous day and the breeze felt amazing! I signed up with my work and only a handful of people showed up. It was a good time and I liked that I got to exercise because honestly I have been so exhausted lately that my routine is go to work, eat dinner, and go to bed. I want to walk around the neighborhood, I really do... but it just never happens. My bed looks to comfy to pass up. I finished the Heart Walk around 9:30 came home and took a shower and took a nice long nap! I woke up around lunch time and did some homework and watched some t.v. I headed to my parents house around 4:00 to take pictures of my brother and his girlfriend for their Homecoming dance. They have been dating two years and are seriously the cutest. After taking 500 pictures we waved goodbye and I got a little emotional. My baby brother is a senior and it seems like yesterday Dakota and I were headed off to our senior homecoming too. That night my parents made Tacos and we watched the FSU game. Oh my gosh... I literally felt like I was going to have a heart attack the entire time. It was entirely too close and we were making way too many mistakes. I'm just glad we pulled through in OT. It sure was an ugly win, but a win is a win and I'll take it any day.
"Gorgeous day for a walk"
"Team Landrum"
"Everyone lining up to walk"
"The cool kites after finishing the walk"
"Garrett and his girlfriend Ashley"
"They're so cute"
 
Sunday morning Dakota had to work so I slept in and didn't wake up to an alarm clock. It was so ah-may-zing. I could have slept longer, but I decided to roll out of bed around 9:30. It was a lazy morning and really didn't do much of anything until I got ready for my grandpa's birthday lunch at my parents house. We arrived around 1 and the food smelled awesome. The menu was grilled steak and vegetables, corn on the cob, strawberry & feta salad, and sweet potato fries. It was super good then but as the day went on it got nastier after every burp. That's one thing about this pregnancy that I absolutely hate. Every single time I eat something I keep burping it up and it makes me so nauseous. It's the grossest thing and sorry for the TMI but I would rather throw up in the morning than taste my lunch all day. After celebrating my grandpa's 69th birthday, my granny and I headed to the mall for some Bath & Body Works! We were both getting low on our essentials and definitely stocked up.  After buying what seemed like half the store we stopped in Sephora so I could get a new foundation and powder. My face is SO broken out right now (just picture a pizza) and I'm very self conscious about it. I have never had acne and since being pregnant all my face does is get a new zit on it every day. I'm hoping with getting the more expensive stuff instead of Wal-Mart that it might help out with my skin. I ended up getting the Kat Von D foundation and I'm really excited to use it!
"Showing off his birthday presents"
"Love this man"
"Me & my sweet kitty Jezi"
Well folks, that's all I have to say for my weekend recap. I wish it was more fun and exciting, but I promise next week I'll make up for it! Dakota is off all weekend and we are taking the pregnancy announcements! I am SO EXCITED! Speaking of the baby, we get to see our little jelly bean TOMORROW! Yes people, I said TOMORROW. The day is finally arriving after a long month of anticipation and I just can't wait. Dakota and I are so thrilled, nervous, anxious, etc.

Until next time, Lexi!