Image Map

Monday, June 1, 2015

Weekend recap

Walker is sleeping and the hubby is off today so I had a little time to myself for a little weekend recap. Dakota worked all weekend so it was me and little man all day and all night while daddy slept. I love spending time with my Son and I am going to miss it so much when I have to go back to work next month.

Friday was a chill day for us. We stayed at home all day and watched movies together. I wore him and got some stuff done around the house. Laundry is my never ending enemy and I tackled it completely. No clothes were left in the dryer or on the couch. Walker has started to chill out lately. Usually if he's not sleeping he's just crying. He has never just sat in his chair and relaxed looking around. He screams until you pick him up which means that I never get anything done. With him chilling out I actually can enjoy my lunch and unload the dishwasher. He was in a really good mood so I put him on his play mat and he was loving it. We also did tummy time and he rolled over for the first time. It was the sweetest thing ever. I was so excited and proud, but sad at the same time because my baby is growing up! My dad came home that night from a business trip and was missing Walker so we went over there to visit. My mom and dad can't get enough of little man.
"Love that adorable smile"
"Can't get enough of him"
"Resting with Paps after a long week apart"


Saturday Walker and I ran errands with Chandler and EllaRynn. She had some last minute stuff to get for Oakleigh's 2nd birthday party. We loaded up the kids and went around town. Walker did really well and only cried when he was hungry or had a dirty diaper. We even made it through lunch without him freaking out. I was one proud mom! When we got back to Chan's we had the babies on the play mat for their first play date. It was the cutest thing ever.  That night we went home and made daddy shrimp alfredo for dinner. I wore Walker in my K'tan and got everything pretty much done before Dakota got home. We got to enjoy a nice dinner and Dakota got some snuggles in while I cleaned up the kitchen. Seeing Dakota with Walker makes my heart melt every single time. I just think it's the sweetest sight in the world. After we put Walker to bed I was able to work on his hospital shadow box. I put all of our hospital bracelets in it and his little hat he wore. It looks so tiny now and really shows how much he has grown.
"Off we go with these two"
"Play time for these cuties"
"His shadow box"


Sunday Walker and I headed over to Chandler's around noon and helped her set up for Oak's cherry on top party. It was the cutest 2nd birthday ever. She made cupcakes and bought tons of candy for the kids to decorate and bought ice cream and let the adults make Ice Cream Sundae's. After the fun all of the kids got in their bathing suits and played on the blow up slide. I stayed inside with Walker because it was so hot outside and he was already sweating from it being hot inside with everyone their. Once again he was a doll and only cried when he needed something. I think we are starting to turn over a new leaf here people! That night all of the friends stayed over and ordered pizza. Dakota got off work on time and was able to come over and chat for a few minutes before everyone started to leave.
"The birthday girl"


It was a great weekend even though we didn't get to see much of Dakota. That just means we get all of this weekend to spend time with him. I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend!


Image Map