Image Map

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Better late than never!

So, I'm a little late on the weekend recap, but at least I am getting to it now! Well last week and weekend a lot of EXCITING things happened!!! Finally after six months of searching I have finally found a full time job. Even though my new years resolution here was to get a full time job at Gulf Power that just was not in Gods plans. I was hired on at Landrum last Friday and I am seriously loving it so far. Soooooo let's get to my weekend recap and get into all the details of my new job and random cute kitty pictures :)

As usual being a part-timer and barely getting any hours I always had Thursday-sunday off! (I am probably going to miss that later on) lol.  I got up around 9:30 and went for a nice long run around the neighborhood. I am so proud of myself because I have finally gotten to the point where I can run the entire time and not stop. Clean eating really does give your body more energy and obviously to control my breathing which I never did before. Well that and actually having music to listen too!! My husband bought me an iPhone holder for my arm and I just run with that. After my run I changed into my bathing suit and my best friend Brittnee came over and we headed to the pool! It was such a gorgeous day and I am SO glad that we got to spend some time together. It was nice to relax by the pool and talk about the future trip we have planned at the end of June and all what we will be doing. After laying out for about 2 hours we headed to Fuji for some yummy food ! I got sushi and asked them to do brow rice instead of white and it wasn't as good, but it did its job of getting me full. After heading back home I got a phone call from Landrum asking me for a follow up interview for tomorrow from 8-12 and shadowing the girls and getting a feel for what I would be doing! Of course I said yes and I was so nervous that night and barely got any sleep. To help with my nerves and hopefully make me more tired my husband and I did a workout that totally kicked our butts (but totally worth it)!
"My cute kitties catching some rays before I headed to the pool"



"Laying out with Britt"
"Working out with the hubs"

"After our workout & pooped"

"Love seeing those numbers go down"
Friday morning had finally arrived and I thought I was going to throw up on my way there. I wanted this job so bad and I knew that she had other interviewers that day so I wanted to make a really good impression without looking like I was trying too hard! Well, it worked because I got the job!!!!! Right after I left I headed to Target to waste some time waiting for "the" call. Of course when I was trying to get in my car with shopping bags that's when my phone rings! When I answered the lady said that the girls were really impressed with me and that they wanted to offer me the job and wanted me to start the following Monday. I was SO happy and told her YES!! After we got off the phone I started crying (tears of joy of course) and just thanked God over and over again. That night my husband and I celebrated by going to dinner and movie. It was a great feeling knowing that my hubby was and is proud of me and that I can finally start really helping wit the finances and not rely on only him to pay the bills.

"Love me some kitty snuggles!"
Saturday morning I woke up and went for a run and then I got ready and headed to Hailey's 6th birthday party at Solutia park! It was a pretty but VERY windy day & I pretty much ate my own hair with every bite of food, lol. After leaving the party I picked up my momma and we went to do some shopping at Kohl's and then the mall.  I needed some new work clothes and really I just wanted to go shopping. After shopping for what seemed like an eternity we finally made it back home and then the family wanted to go back out to dinner. I drove all of us to Texas roadhouse and it was DELICIOUS!!!! My dad & I got a raspberry vodka tea and I was reluctant to order it at first because I am not a big fan of Vodka, but you couldn't really taste it. It was super yummy, but I couldn't finish it all. I had to give the rest to my momma because I was starting to feel it! After dropping off my parents I headed home and worked on some homework until Dakota got off of work.


"Happy 6th Birthday, Hailey"!
"Family dinner night!!"
 
Sunday morning I went to church and really enjoyed the message. After I got to love on Emma and get some sweet baby snuggles. After having to give her up I went out to lunch with my in-laws and it was nice to just be with them because I don't get to do that very often. We went to cracker barrel and I ordered pecan glazed catfish!! I'm not a big fish fan, but I'm trying to eat healthy and lose some weight! Which is actually paying off. I have lost over 4 pounds and I am trying to lose that 5th but I seem to stay in the 150 and 149 range. It kinda pisses me off actually, but we won't go into that. After eating I headed home and went to the pool to lay out before finishing up some assignments for my online class. Another gorgeous day I might add. I went to bed early because I had a big day and had to get up at 5:45!  So far this week has been really good & I am so grateful to have this job. I love that I am able to mark it off of my new years resolution list!
"Sweet baby Emma"

"Pool selfie"


Until next time, Lexi!