Image Map

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

This Thanksgiving was our first as a family of three and that made it all the more special! I knew the Holidays would be fun with a new baby, but I didn't realize how warm it would make my heart. Just seeing Walker with all of his family members and how excited everyone was to celebrate with him made my heart melt all over the place. Last year on Thanksgiving I was pregnant and we all couldn't wait for him to be here. Now that our little turkey is here and already 7 months old blows my mind.
"The cutest turkey you ever did see"


We started off the morning with a fun little Photo shoot of Walker in his cute little turkey hat! (Side note: I went to three different Targets to find this hat)! He is always so smiley and in the best mood when he first wakes up. His face is also swollen which makes his cheeks that much more juicy and adorable for pictures! I took so many cute pictures, but obviously only uploaded 1 to social media... because let's face it, really only I care to scroll through 10 of the same pictures of my child! After taking up all of my storage capacity on the camera scroll I fed Walker some breakfast and we did our daily routine. He played in his exersaucer/walker and I cleaned up the house and did some laundry. Dakota was finally up at this point and we just relaxed on the couch. We didn't need to be over at my Granny's house until 1 and she lives right next door. We all took our showers, got ready, and popped my green bean casserole in the oven! Once we got to my granny's she had a huge feast laid out. My dad brought Walker his own sweet potatoes that he ate on while eating some of my mashed potatoes. I let Walker have some Thanksgiving food and he loved it. After eating we took tons of pictures and let out food settle until digging into the dessert. My brother's girlfriend is from New Zealand and she brought a homemade dessert that was literally heaven in my mouth. Truthfully, I couldn't tell you all that was in it.. but I didn't care. It melted in my mouth and I'm ok with that.

"What I'm most Thankful for"
"My sweet boy"
"<3"
"Eating his sweet potatoes"
 
After socializing with my family we had to leave them to go visit Dakota's side of the family. We switch off every year and we went to Dakota's last year, but still wanted to visit them because of it being Walker's first Thanksgiving. When we got there everyone was laying on the couch about to fall asleep. From what I could tell they had a yummy feast as well. I brought a Black Friday ad for us to look through and I didn't see that many good sales, but I still wanted to go. Dakota and I left Walker at his moms so we could go to Target. It was a bust... literally was a waste of time. Usually I go in Target and get a couple people checked off on my Christmas list, but I couldn't find anything. We ended up getting a few random things for each other, but I would have rather stayed at Dakota's parents and spent more time with them. When we got back to his parents Charlotte was still over there and they were playing and being cuties as usual. Walker loves to watch his daddy juggle which is what both of these kiddos are doing in the picture. I snapped a video of Walker laughing his little heart out, but Charlotte was either unsure of what was going on or didn't find it funny, lol. Either way it was a fun night and I enjoyed watching the kiddos!
"Watching Dakota juggle"



All in all it was a wonderful Thanksgiving and I'm so incredibly thankful for my two guys. I know with more of the Holidays coming up and Walker getting older will only make them more fun! I hope everyone else had a good Thanksgiving filled with lots of stuffing and stretchy pants!



Image Map