Image Map

Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's day weekend//Celebrations

So, this past weekend was Father's day and it was wonderful. I love spending time with my daddy because I am such a daddy's girl. We have such a close relationship and I love that we can always joke together. My dad is a funny guy and any day celebrating him is a good day. Also, today is my granny and brother's birthday so we celebrated them over the weekend too!

Friday, on my lunch break I met my grandparents, brother, and his girlfriend Ashley at Moe's. I love Moe's and love how fast their service is. It's nice not having to rush to finish eating and run back to work. After eating you can actually talk and catch up without worrying how much longer you have. Of course after we ate we had to take a family photo! That afternoon after I got off work I met my friend Jamie for dinner at Shark Fin. I was still pretty full from lunch so I just got a side salad and their homemade soup. It was alright, but I think I'll stick to the sweet and sour chicken! ;) After dinner we headed to the movies to watch A fault in our stars. That movie was SO good. I didn't cry as much as I thought I was going too (which is a good thing). I liked that even though the movie was sad that they also added a lot of humor to it. After the movies I headed back home to spend time with my hubby.
"Group photo"

"Love my family"
"Me and Jamie"
 


Saturday I woke up with NO alarm clock!!! I loved waking up and not being tired. I went from the bed to the couch and caught up on a couple of shows. Right now I am really loving Little Women of LA. Don't ask me why, but I think it's really interesting following the life of "little women". After watching my show I finally got the motivation to do a lot of my assignments for my online courses and actually finished up a lot of my work. Once I get started I try to finish everything... it makes for a long boring time, but it's worth it when I only have to do it once or twice a week. After finishing my homework I got ready and headed to Crystal's baby shower for little Bella. She came early so she attended her own shower which I thought was super cute. I got to hold her while her momma was opening presents and I was soaking up all the baby love I could. I seriously can't wait until I get to hold my own baby and not have to give them back to their momma. After celebrating the new baby I headed over to my parents house. Right now I am enrolled in some Business Law courses and my dad really helped me out with some case studies because he is an attorney and for some weird reason loves anything political. After finishing up my homework we looked at old photos and I found some really cute ones of me and daddy from when I was little girl. Of course I had to use those to make a photo collage for Father's Day. Dakota got off work around 7 and headed over to my parents house too. It was a nice time hanging out with my family because we don't get to do it that often.
"Cute entrance chalkboard"

"All the yummy food"

"Me, Bella, Emma, and Tracy"

"Me and sweet Bella"

"She's such a cutie"
 
"My sister, Hannah. Don't worry she will get lots of practice with the head support"

"The baby girls"
 

Sunday I woke up to my alarm clock, but it's okay because it was going to be a long, fun day. Dakota had to work and left the house before I got up. I got ready for church and actually left on time, but of course I was STILL late for church because I was stuck behind a train that kept going forwards and backwards. I was literally 10 minutes away from church before the train stopped me.... and that quickly turned into 20 minutes late. After church I headed to my in-laws house for lunch. His momma made a taco casserole and it was delicious. I gave Dakotas dad his card and present. Dakota walked around Academy for an hour trying to figure out what to get him and finally gave up and got him a gift card, which in my opinion is better because he can go pick out whatever he wants. My birthday was back in March, but my sister and brother in law just got my present and I would say it was worth the wait. They got me gel nail polish, kitty socks, and an adorable kitty watch. Seriously, it's the cutest thing I have ever seen. After leaving their house I headed to Target to get last minute cards and just walk around and waste time until it was time to head to my parents house. I got the cutest dress! I am obsessed with Paisley and this dress was right up my alley. So obsessed that even though it was a little to big for me I got it anyways because there were no mediums left. After spending an hour or two in Target I went to parents house to celebrate fathers day and my granny and brothers birthday. My mom made lasagna and we all loved it so much that nobody at the table talked. All you could hear was "mmmmm, this is good" lol. After eating we opened presents and me, Dakota, and Garrett split money and got my dad some cologne! He was running low so we thought we would surprise him and surprised he was! We also got my granny a coach wallet and some Bath & Body Works, and got my brother a shirt that he's been wanting from his favorite store! After opening presents we just enjoyed each others company and talked and laughed. It was a great Father's day and I am so thankful to have such a wonderful dad and father in law in my life.

"Lovin' my new dress"

"Little brother & the birthday boy"

"Me & Athena hangin' out"

"We aren't serious people, lol"

"Happy Father's Day to the best dad in the world! I love you"
 
"Happy birthday to this sweet granny of mine"
 
 
"Happy 17th birthday to the best little brother ever"
 
 
 

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and Father's day.
Until next time, Lexi! :)