Image Map

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Unconquered!!

I have never had so much anxiety/emotion in a 4 hour time period in my life. It made the emotions and anxiety I had on my wedding day look like a breeze. It was the day I had been waiting for since my team earned the right to play in the national championship. It was finally time for Florida State to play Auburn. During the whole game I was happy, sad, angry, excited, nauseated, sweaty, and I could barely sit down. My family and I were basically pacing back and forth the whole time! The first half was miserable to watch. We were basically getting raped out there and the refs didn't help at all with their BS calls. Now during the second half it was starting to look like a football game. Florida State finally got their act together (not called a second half team for nothing) and started getting some touchdowns. They pulled though and won the game! We all were screaming and cheering and my dad took down his FS flag and ran around outside with it. It was definitely a moment I will remember forever. lol!

Before the game Dakota and I went to get some sushi from Tokyo! Of course we were all decked out in our Florida State attire, and we got some thumbs up and some hard stares. We both ignored it and sat by the sushi bar. The sushi was really good. Dakota was craving a California roll for some reason so he got that and I got the dynamite roll. It turns out that Monday night is a dollar off any sushi roll. So we will be going back for date night again. :)

After the game ended we picked up our friend Zac and headed to Academy for our National Championship shirts! It was 24 degrees outside, but we didn't care. It was so fun to yell the war chant with 300 other people! It's not everyday you get to hang out with fellow Florida State fans in Pensacola.

Here's some pictures from the glorious night!      >>------------------------->
Before the game!

(Waiting for kick off with my daddy!)
(Right after we won!!!)
(The garnet and gold line)   
I just can't believe what a rush that whole night was! 2013 was such an amazing year! Dakota and I got married, we bought our first car together, Dakota graduated Paramedic school, and our Seminoles won the BCS National Championship!!
 
 
Until next time, Lexi