Image Map

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Weekend

Yesterday I swear I was working on my Easter weekend post and I was almost done & accidently pressed the backspace button! So I lost everything and did not feel like redoing it again. So here I am again and hopefully I can get through the whole post without it messing up! With that being said, Easter weekend was filled with good family, friends, and food (which I ate a lot of..... so much for the diet) Anyways, I wasn't off on good Friday but it was a good day because it was my last day at the VA.

 Friday I went to work at Landrum from 7:20-1:00 & then headed over to the VA for my last day. I walked in and saw a pretty cake and a heartfelt card with a cute present. It was kind of bittersweet saying goodbye to everyone because I have worked there for 2 years and I ate lunch with my dad everyday because he works in the building too. The cake was SOOO yummy! It was marble with strawberry filling. After saying my goodbye's I headed over to my granny's house for a delicious breakfast dinner with my husband, brother, his girlfriend, and my cousin Rachel. It was a good time catching up and just joking the whole time at the dinner table. After eating and cleaning up my brother and his girlfriend went to Target, but the rest of us stayed for a few rounds of Uno! After playing for about an hour and a half and adding up all of the points I came out as winner!! So I let everyone know that I was champion of course. After leaving my granny's Dakota and I went home and gathered up a bunch of stuff for the yard sale the next day.
"The yummy cake and thoughtful card"
"Me & Ray playing some Uno"
"Beating everyone"
Saturday I woke up to Dakota's alarm clock @ 4:55 and it was time to get up and pack my car with all of our junk! I got to my granny's at 5:30 and helped her set up. Around 7:00 my cousin Rachel and friend Brittnee showed up and helped as well. It was so windy outside that the stuff on top of the tables kept on blowing off! I was literally over this yard sale within the first 2 hours and it was only 9:00! Fortunately I sold over $100 and got rid of a lot of stuff. What didn't sell we put in the trailor for my grandparents to drop off at Goodwill. After cleaning up my grandparents took me & Britt to Applebee's for some much deserved lunch. I got the steak and it wasn't very good. I think I'll stick to the Fiesta Lime Chicken next time like I always do. After leaving Applebee's I headed home and passed out on the couch. I slept from 2:30-6:00! It felt good, but I hate that I wasted half the day. Once Dakota home from work we invited Brittnee over for some healthy chicken tacos. They were really good!!! Even though I took a super long nap I still slept super good that night. :)
"selling some weddin' stuff"

"The windy yard sale"

"Rachel modeling some hot glasses my granny was trying to sell which...didn't"
 

Sunday it was Easter!! I woke up at 7 to finish up my homework so I didn't have to leave early from the family festivities since everything is due Sunday night at 8:00 pm . After finishing up mu homework I had time to lounge around so I folded some clothes, watched 4 weddings, and ate my Greek yogurt. Even though I gave myself PLENTY of time to get ready for church I was STILL late! My stupid bangs would not cooperate. They are at this awkward stage right now where they are too long to wear straight across and are in my eyes, but too short to lay them to the side. So after a can of hairspray I finally just said whatever, and left. Church service was great and I enjoyed the message. After service the family always takes pictures and then after that I headed to my mommy's house so we could ride together to my aunts house for Easter lunch and an Easter egg hunt. It was so nice seeing everyone because I hardly ever see anyone on my moms side. It was fun watching all of my little cousins hunt Easter eggs & of course I had to hold and feed baby Layla! After leaving my aunts house we headed to my grannys again for Easter dinner. After eating what felt like a Thanksgiving dinner we were all totally stuffed, but we had to take a few pictures before it got dark. I have a wonderful Easter even though I didn't get to spend it with my husband. Now enjoy all the picture spam :)
"The Ward/Macarthur Family minus Dakota"

"Hanging out with sweet Lily"


"The sisters"
"Me, my momma, and baby Layla"

"Feeding Layla" :)
"My granny, Ashley, and my momma"

"My sweet family" <3

"The Brooks Family!"



I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! I know I did :)


Until next time, Lexi