Image Map

Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekend recap//Milestones

Well another weekend flew by and it is already Monday! This past weekend was my last weekend before school starts back up. I really enjoyed my month off from school, but it's time to get back to reality. Speaking of reality I just finished up my last pack of birth control! Yes, you read that right... but I will touch on that later in the post for those of who you stick around that long ;)

Friday afternoon was the weekly lunch date with my granny and my husband met us for lunch too because he had the day off. My granny picked me up and we all met at Moe's. I got the burrito bowl and as usual it was delicious. The hour flew by and it was already time to get back to work.  While at work Dakota told me that we were in the final steps of closing on the home that we are trying to buy. He also met with a cabinet company and they are going to be making our kitchen and bathroom cabinets/counters. (I know I haven't mentioned anything about the house, but I didn't want to get my hopes up that we were going to get it. So SURPRISE) That afternoon Dakota wanted us and his friends to go to Foley for some shopping and to eat dinner at Lambert's. We met everyone at Tim's house and we all went in Dakota's truck. I didn't find anything though which was a bummer, but I did score a super cute phone case from Coach for $10. After leaving the mall we headed to Lambert's and surprisingly it wasn't that busy. I am not really a big fan of their food and just got a salad. It was fun hanging out with friends and just joking the whole time.
"The whole group at Lambert's"


Saturday morning Dakota and I got up early and had to be at my grandparents house at 9:00. We all loaded up in the truck and were headed to the family reunion in Red Level, Alabama. It was a 2 hour drive and boy did it stink. We took the back roads and it was longggggg. We finally got there and it was a small reunion, but it was nice getting to see everyone and meet new faces. The family reunion was for the Mason's and my great granny Brooks was one of 7 Mason's. There was good food and great company. My favorite was the family quilt. It has everyone's names stitched on in on a piece of fabric and it was all sewn together and was really like a family tree. Next year we can hopefully add another family member to the quilt! After we left the reunion we headed to the cemetery where my great granny Brooks was buried back in April of 2011. We brought her and the family some pretty flowers and told them we loved them and left. Thank goodness we took the interstate on the way home or I would have gone cross eyed looking at the trees on the way back. Once we got home Dakota and I wanted to take a nap so bad, but instead we had to go to the mall and Target to get presents for a birthday, baby shower, fathers day, and more birthdays. We got everyone done & were so glad to be headed home. We stopped by a Redbox and got "I, Frankenstein". We made a breakfast dinner and attempted to watch the movie, but it was just too late. Our eyes couldn't stay open that long so we hit the hay early.
"Dakota, me, and my grandparents"

"Looking at the family history"

"The family quilt"

"Me & my hubs"
 
"Dakota having a great time shopping, lol"
 


Sunday we woke up and went to church. We had a guest preacher and I really enjoyed him and his message. Since he was a guest our family took him, his brother, and his nephew out to eat. There were 10 of us and we all went out to Chili's. It was really good! I got the chicken Fajitas and I will probably get it again. I'm a really picky eater so I get excited when I find something that I like. After lunch me, Dakota, Katie, and Ethan all headed back to our house to swim in the pool. The sun was hot and the pool felt amazing. Me and Katie haven't hung out in a while just us so it was nice to just sit and talk to her at the pool. We talked mainly about babies and the future. She and her husband plan on having a baby in the near future too. We are both so excited and plan on going to a seminar about pregnancy this Thursday. That afternoon after the Macarthur's left Dakota and I headed to Sonic for some nerd slushies and dinner. Those drinks are addicting. We talked about babies and what we wanted in life. Sooooo back to the topic of me getting off BC. Sunday was my last pill and I called Walgreens today to cancel the rest of my refills. It is such a crazy feeling. I'm SO excited because we are another step forward to parenthood, but I am also so nervous. We are both ready to be parents and now it is all in Gods hands when he blesses us with a sweet baby.

"Ethan hanging out with Willow"
"Relaxing by the pool"
 


So now I am going to enjoy my last Monday night not having to do anything but relax & cook dinner for my hubby because tomorrow starts the long nights of homework. I hope everyone had a great weekend! This coming up weekend is going to be full of birthdays, showers, and celebrations!
Until next time, Lexi!