Image Map

Monday, June 2, 2014

A weekend full of babies!

Yes, you read that right! My weekend was full of adorable babies/toddlers & I loved every minute of it. It fueled my baby fever fire, but we will have one of our own soon enough!


Friday afternoon I met my granny for lunch at the Egg & I. It was delicious as usual, but there slow service really cuts it close with my hour lunch break. I love my weekly lunch dates with my granny. She is such a wonderful woman and I am so, so thankful to have her in my life. Dakota and I are in the process of closing on a home and we are going to live with my grandparents while renovating it. Most people would hate to live with their grandparents, but not this girl. I get along with both of them so well and I am looking forward to living with them for a couple of months. It also is saving us tons of money & the money we would spend on rent & bills is going towards the house. Friday night after I got off work I headed over to Chandler's house to help her paint her kitchen cabinets. She needed to get them done quick because of Oak's birthday coming up that Sunday. We just painted and chatted the whole time. It was nice having girl time even though we weren't doing anything "girly" like shopping. Once we got done painting Dakota stopped by and we all went to Lowes to look at some cabinet hinges and what not.
Me & my granny :)

Saturday morning I wanted to sleep in so bad, but instead I got ready and went to a baby shower for a girl I used to go to church with. She is due in July with a little girl named Zoe. The shower was super cute and I actually got some ideas to do at my shower too. Zoe got so many things and she is completely spoiled already. I'm excited for her arrival & can't wait to meet her! That afternoon my friend Jamie came over and we laid out by the pool until it was time for my cousin's birthday cookout. The weather wasn't that great, but I know I still got SOME sun. After everyone got there we started grilling hamburgers and hotdogs. The food was delicious and I got to see my baby cousin William! He is almost 7 months old and such a handsome fella. I had fun talking to family and really had the most fun blowing bubbles with William and seeing him watch us with those big blue eyes. After eating Jamie and I came back to my house and got ready for the mall. We were supposed to do some shopkicking, but it didn't really work out for us too well. So instead we went shopping and killed some time before our movie started. I got some really cute dresses from Cotton On & what was even better is that they were 30% off. Jamie got some cute tops and bought me a paisley scarf  because she knows how much I am in love with Paisley everything these days ;)! After shopping we headed to the movies and watched MALEFICENT. It was such a good movie and I had been DYING to see it. If anyone hasn't seen it..... well you're missing out. If anyone of my friends or family wants to go see it and wants someone to go I will for sure volunteer as tribute. We went to a late movie so we didn't get out until midnight. I was so tired when I got home that once my head hit the pillow it was lights out.
"Me, Amanda, and Zoe"

"Opening presents"


"The can you guess what day Zoe will arrive calendar"
"Me and Jamie doing some shopping"
Sunday morning I woke up early once again... seeing a trend here? I woke up for church and was pretty much dragging my feet on the way in there, but my father in law had a word from God that the church needed to here and it was so nice to hear him share a few points from the bible to us. After church I spent a few minutes talking to family & friends before I headed over to help set up for Oakleigh's first birthday. My friend Jamie from church (different person from Saturday) is a momma and we have been talking back and forth about prenatal vitamins and just overall baby stuff. She brought me some prenatal vitamins that she had bought a while back but never opened. They are called baby & me! I haven't tried them yet because I still have a bottle that I am working on, but I promise I'll let you all know when I start taking them. After leaving church I headed straight to Chan's and helped set up. The theme was under the sea and Chandler got really creative with the food names and just overall decoration wise. It was a bunch of finger foods with name cards. There were carrots and they were labeled crab legs, goldfish were labeled fish n chips, and gummy worms called fish bait. The party was such a success and I loved watching Oak's run around full of energy and playing the whole time. My favorite part was watching her eat her cake. She was not shy about smashing or eating it which made it priceless! After the party was over all the young adults stayed and played on the blow up water slide and the boys ordered us pizza and we watched them play a game of baseball. Needless to say it was a great Sunday spent with some awesome food and friends. There were so many babies at her party and my heart was sooooooooooo full of excitement. It just reminded me what I have to look forward too. Speaking of babies, my countdown is getting smaller and smaller and we are almost ready to start trying. I just can't wait and I know my husband is really excited too. Now enjoy some cute birthday photos :)
"The food table"
"Oak's birthday cake"

"Getting a little taste"

"Lol, she loved it!"

"Me and the birthday girl"


"This is the face Laila gives me when I ask her to smile"

"Fun in the sun"

"The guys playing baseball"
 


I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
Until next time, Lexi.
Oh & one more thing! I leave you with a cute picture of my husband when he was a wittle baby. We are going to make some gorgeous babies ;)


"Baby Dakota"