Image Map

Monday, June 30, 2014

Vacation//Late Anniversary Weekend

It was finally the weekend we had been waiting for! It was time to go too Universal Studios! We have had these plans since March and were supposed to go with my best friend Brittnee and her husband but they ended up not being able to go. So Dakota and I decided to make the trip a second honeymoon and celebrate our anniversary that was back in March. The weekend went by SO fast but I loved every minute of it. I especially loved spending THREE whole days with my husband and it just being us. Our work schedules never match up so we don't get to spend the weekends together and this trip really focused on us spending time together.

Thursday I went work and I was counting down the hours because we were leaving that night. Once 5:00 FINALLY rolled around I headed straight home to change and help Dakota pack the car. Of course before we headed on our long journey we had to stop by Sonic and get some Nerd slushies. Literally the best. thing. ever. I majorly suck at road trips though because I have to pee every hour or so. Dakota knew that marrying me so he can't act surprised that we needed to stop at every other rest area. lol, but once we got to Ponce De Leon I decided to just go to sleep because 1. I was extremely tired and 2. It was help me from going pee so often. I was asleep for about 4 hours and woke up when we were getting off the exit to Ocala. Our hotel that we had booked back in March wouldn't do check in until Friday at 4 PM. We got to Ocala around 1 in the morning and stopped at the Quality Inn. We got a room for pretty cheap because we had a coupon book and it saved us $25.00. Once we got settled in and my head hit the pillow I was out.
"Off to Orlando"

"Nerd Slush"


Friday morning my alarm woke me up at 7:30 and I got ready for the fun filled day number 1! Once I finished getting ready and woke Dakota up we headed down to get some breakfast. I made me a waffle and Dakota had biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, and a muffin. Once we finished eating we gathered all of our things and checked out. We headed toward Orlando around 9:20 and it was an hour before we reached our destination. It wasn't really that packed yet and we got the second level of the parking garage. We got two day park to park tickets and decided to do the Universal side first. The first ride we stood in line for was Transformers. It's a new ride and is basically the same concept as Spiderman. It's 3D and the cart just moves up and down and backwards but on the screen it feels like you are really flying up and falling down. We waiting an hour to ride that ride and then we were off to the Mummy ride. We rode everything we could until our tummies started growling. For lunch we ate the Hard Rock CafĂ© and it was really cool. They had a car right in the middle of the building and it was on top of something and rotating around. Dakota ordered the Nachopalozza, and I ordered a burger and fries. The food was really good and it was hilarious watching Dakota try to finish off all the nachos. He saw them on the starter side of the menu and thought it was an appetizer, but they were piled on pretty high. After eating lunch we wanted to let our food settle and we went to City walk and watched the new Transformers movie at their AMC theater. I loved the movie and I thought it was super cool that we were watching it at the park. After the movie we walked back outside and saw that it had rained a little bit and people were leaving, but we walked back to the park and lighting struck really bad and they were closing down the rides. So we left the park and headed to check in to our hotel.
"Getting ready for day one"
"In line for Transformers"
"Still in line for Transformers"
"Eating lunch with this handsome guy"
"So in love with him"
"His huge plate of nachos"
"The after picture, lol"
"My burger and fries"
"Gotta have a picture next to the Universal globe"
 
 
We checked into our hotel about 7:00 and once we got settled and took a shower we headed downstairs to their little shop called the Lite bite. I got ramen and a fruit cup for dinner (weird I know) and Dakota got chicken tenders and fries. We ate dinner in our room and watched some standup by Kevin Heart. It was nice being able to relax and laugh with my husband. I knew this moment wouldn't last very long so I snuggled up next to my hubby and soaked up every minute of it.
"Eating my dinner in bed"

"Loving on my sweet man"


"<3"
 

Saturday we woke up early once again and got ready for the fun filled day number 2 ahead of us! Our hotel had a breakfast bar and the food was pretty good! After eating we headed back to another day at the park only this time we went to Islands of Adventure. We got there around 10:00 and it was already packed. I knew Saturday was going to be bad, but not that bad. Every ride's waiting time was over an hour long so Dakota and I did the single riders line (which nobody was in) and we literally were in line for 15 minutes and we rode right next to each other! We were cheating the system and did that with every single ride AND we rode together every single time!!! We were done riding everything around 3:00! We walked through a lot of parks just sightseeing and we stood in line twice for dueling dragons which is now the dragon challenge and it was awesome. If you have never been on that ride I promise it's worth waiting 10 extra minutes to ride front row. I didn't care to go to harry potter world but my sister kept saying how good the butter beer was so I had to try it! I stood in line for 20 minutes to get my little cup of deliciousness. I got it frozen and it was pretty good! After walking around the park and taking a break from the rides I noticed that Dakota was on his phone A LOT. I kept thinking to myself what the heck could be more important than us here right now. Well it turns out that Mr. Romantic was planning a couples massage for a late anniversary present. When he told me we had an appointment at 4:30 in Downtown Orlando I couldn't help but smile really big. He had promised me a couples massage back in March, but we never got around to it. So it was the perfect time to finally get one done. We headed back to the hotel to shower and get ready. Once we got to the spa I got really excited and couldn't wait for this hour massage. Of course the hour flew by and it was done before I knew it. It felt SO GOOD and we were both super relaxed. I guess I forgot that they used oil and it was all in my hair. My hair looked so greasy and we had dinner plans after, but I didn't care. I was on cloud 9. That night we ate dinner at TGI Fridays and it was really good. I got steak, jasmine rice pilaf, and a small side salad. Dakota got sizzling chicken with some vegetables and onions and a cheese sauce. The table next to us had a really cute son and he looked about two. He kept turning around and smiling at me. My heart melted and of course I smiled and flirted back. He had dark hair and brown eyes and I couldn't help but think about what our kids will look like one day. After dinner Dakota and I were so exhausted. We laid in bed and snuggled while watching the movie Space Jam. We really didn't want to go home the next day and we talked about all the fun we had and how much we enjoyed spending time together.
"Breakfast with this cutie"

"Kota take a picture with, we are on vacation!"

"At Islands Of Adventure"

"Entering Harry Potter world"

"This cutie!"

"Frozen Butter beer"
"Glowing and waiting in line for Spiderman"

"Islands of Adventure"

"Taking a pic with Iron Man"


"Hanging out with this guy"
"Headed to downtown Orlando"

"The entrance to the Spa"
"Couples Massage Time"
"Greasy hair don't care"
"Spending our last night cuddling and watching space jam"
Sunday I didn't wake up to an alarm and it was wonderful. I woke up around 9 on my own and started packing up all of our belongings. Check out wasn't until 11 so we took our time getting ready for the long road trip. We got home around 4:30 and headed to my granny's house to eat dinner and talk to them about the trip and how much fun we had. After that we stopped by my parents house to see them and visit. We talked with them a while and then that night met Dakota's parents at Sonic. It was good seeing our family because we did miss them while we were gone. We had a wonderful vacation and late anniversary trip and I'm sad it's already over... but we already have our trip planned out next year to go to Tampa! I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend! I am so happy that I'm off today and being able to rest and I'm also off Friday because of the 4th of July!! This weekend is going to be really fun as well!
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend too!
Until next time, Lexi! :)