Image Map

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving/Black Friday!

Every year I have a tradition on Thanksgiving (eat until I get stuffed, take a nap, and head for some crazy shopping).  This year I got married, so I wasn't sure how the new plans would go (still not sure about Christmas plans). As usual, Dakota had to work.  :(

Anyways, Thursday morning I got up super early to make an Apple Crumble for Dakota's work luncheon. I was worried how it was going to turn out because honestly, I don't cook/bake that often. But he told me that everyone said it was really good, just a little runny. Nothing flour can't fix!
After I sent him off I started to make another Apple Crumble and a Green bean casserole for my granny's house. It was so hard making three dishes and trying to get ready before 2:00! I did it though and I was actually a little early so I helped set up. Everything was delicious and I got a lot of compliments on the dishes I made. Around 3:30, Dakota pulled in the driveway and it surprised all of us because he was supposed to work until 11:00 that night. It was a nice surprise and I enjoyed spending time with him. Since he was let off work early we went to his Grandma Ward's house and I was already stuffed so I didn't eat anything. That didn't make his grandma happy and basically was trying to shove food down my throat. Finally, I ate a piece of chocolate cake to make her happy and it was yummy but every bite was a struggle. I finally left and went to visit my sweet baby cousin and it was so nice seeing him and his parents. I just love that little family.
Dakota with sweet baby William! (He's going to be such a good dad one day)


Right after my love surprised me :)


After visiting everyone, it was time for some black Friday shopping!!! I left Maryann and Ej's house around 6:45 and met up with my friend Brittnee, my sister Katie, and her friend Taylor at Target around 7:00. Target didn't open until 8 so we stood outside in the cold, but that stuff doesn't phase us! We all had our maps out planning where we would be going and who was getting what! My first order of business was getting the black leather boots for only $18! Good thing it was where you first walked in so we couldn't miss it. Brittnee got a pair too :) After that, we ran around the store and got a few more things. Then me and Britt left around 9:30'ish and headed to the mall area. The mall didn't open until 12 so we stopped at Ulta and looked around there for a while. Brittnee LOVES her makeup and was basically a kid in a candy shop. Around 11 we stopped at Whataburger and quenched our thirst and hunger. After eating we went back to the mall and stood in line again. It was much colder this time and the wind was blowing harder than it was at Target. That didn't stop me and B! Once the cop opened up ONE door it was like a herd of cattle. Everyone was shoving and trying to get through ONE door. Once inside, we ran to BB&W! Our all time favorite store, but when we started looking we weren't impressed because we both have half the store in our home's. lol after that we went to a few different stores and I so went over budget. Oh well, it was totally worth it and we had an awesome time! Did I mention I got home at 4:00 A.M. and had to get up for work at 8:00 A.M.... yeah I was dead.
Me Brittnee, Katie, and Taylor at Target!
 
Until next time, Lexi