Image Map

Monday, January 19, 2015

My weekend in pictures

This weekend was a very busy and exhausting one. I went nonstop from the time I got off work Friday evening all the way through Sunday night. To say I'm tired today is an understatement. Coffee is calling my name, but I'm still too scared to drink it! Haha. Anyways, as my title said I had a picture filled weekend. From home renovations, to baby showers and birthday parties my phone was out non stop capturing memories.

Friday after work I had to run to Target to get a baby shower gift for my friend Kaitlyn and her daughter Harper who is expected to arrive in March and also a gift for my cousins baby! Layla turned the big ONE on the 14th and was celebrated on the 17th. After getting everything I needed from Target I headed over to my in laws and ate dinner with them, and my hubby. We ate some delicious KFC. After dinner was all done and my father in law headed to work, me, Tracy, and Dakota all headed over to our home. We painted the master bath and bedroom, and we put down some of the flooring in the utility room. We were over there a good 3 hours. We didn't get the flooring finished that night, but we got pretty darn close. Once it hit 10:30 we called it quits and I thought I was going to pass out I was so exhausted. Finally we made it in bed and all I wanted was a honey butter chicken biscuit from Whataburger.... but instead I decided to stay in my warm bed and eat a bowl of cereal. Dakota joined me in bed eating a cold piece of pizza. I don't know why, but I love moments like that. We just sat in bed and talked about the house and our future plans while eating a midnight snack.

"The master bedroom all painted"
"Putting down the flooring in the utility room"

Saturday morning I had to wake up around 9 because I had to drive all the way to Milton for a baby shower. The shower was really cute and the theme was cute as a button! The food was brunch style and they had mini pancakes and a French toast casserole. She made out and got lots of good presents! I seriously can't wait for my first shower in March! Kaitlyn is 33 weeks and looked so pretty at her shower. She said she has gained 30 pounds, but I seriously don't see it. That girl is nothing but belly. After I left the shower I headed over to Pace for my cousins daughters first birthday. The theme was mini mouse and Layla looked adorable in her little outfit. They grilled hamburgers/hotdogs, baked beans, and potato salad. It was so cute watching Layla open her presents. She wasn't too sure what was going on, but she loved all the attention on her and was all smiles.

"Cute baby shower decorations"
"Me & the momma to be"
"Opening presents"
"Me, the birthday girl, & my brother"
"Love my Layla"
"Singing her Happy Birthday"
"Just a little taste"
 
 
That night we had a double date with my friend Jessica and her husband TJ. We went to Outback for dinner and I got the Tilapia with crab meat on top. It was SO good! I still can't stomach the fact of eating steak, but fish is really hitting the spot for me lately. Dakota decided to splurge a little bit and get crab legs. After dinner we headed to the movies to see American Sniper. The 8:15 one was sold out so we went to Buffalo Wild Wings and wasted some time. Everyone else got drinks and I sipped on my Shirley Temple. Finally around 9:45 we headed back and got our seats for the 10:30 showing. The movie was amazing and I loved every bit of it. We didn't get home until 1 in the morning.
 
"Wasting time at BWW"
"Can't go anywhere with these people"
"Me & Jess"
 

Sunday morning Dakota and I woke up around 9. I felt pretty good, but knew that I could fall back asleep and sleep for another solid 2 hours. Instead we got up and headed over to Lowe's to get door knobs and paint for the house and then we stopped by Lumber liquidators to return some flooring and purchase other items. On the way back home we stopped at Starbucks and I got my very berry hibiscus. I just needed a little refresher to get me through the rest of the day since we were working on the house some more. We finished the flooring in the utility room and put in some of the doorknobs. I also cleaned up a lot of the cardboard boxes that were lying everywhere from the bathroom appliances being installed. Once we finally wrapped things up we met my family over for dinner at my grannies house. Later that night they all played cards and I went to my room and did my managerial accounting homework. I hated that I missed out, but I had some things that were due and I like to wait until the last minute to get everything done, lol.
"Deliciousness"
"Willow hanging out with dad after dinner"
 

Well that's my weekend all summed up! I'm hoping next weekend will be a restful one. Dakota is working and I see a lot of lounging around in my near future. Or doing some touch up painting.

Until next time, Lexi!