Image Map

Monday, December 16, 2013

Baby steps

So, my title is "baby steps" because well it's about babies! I made this blog mainly to document my pregnancy and the steps my husband and I have taken toward having a family. It's no secret that we are going to start trying next year! I'm not spilling the beans as to when because I want it to be a huge surprise for my family when we announce it! All I will say is that it's probably a lot sooner than what people are expecting (well I guess if we get pregnant real quick). Anyways, back to my title! Today, I had my yearly checkup with Dr. Altenhafen & I was really nervous about it because I have never been "checked" before. Usually, my yearly checkups are just to get a refill of my BC. This year I got married in March and my husband and I wanted to wait until marriage to start having sex & so having another man look at my lady goods was just uncomfortable for me. Turns out I didn't have to get "checked" because you have to be sexually active for 3 years to get anything looked at. After that big weight lifted off my shoulders I started to tell him when Dakota and I wanted to start trying and when to get off BC and all of that good stuff. Long story short, he told me to start taking prenatal vitamins! This made me really excited because it's the next step toward babyhood! My granny went with me to the appointment and after took me to Wal-Mart to get the vitamins. Looking at all of the different kinds and actually being in that aisle was kind of surreal. For some people reading this you're like big dealllll.... its just vitamins. But for me though, it's more than that! Even though I have been married less than a year Dakota and I have talked about babies since I can remember. We even had names picked out before we got engaged (which we are sticking with). This is a step towards a baby for me and it's closer than what I had yesterday! Is it weird that I have all my nursery themes picked out for a boy or girl, NO! Some girls have their wedding planned out even before they meet the man they are going to marry. This chick behind the computer has BABY FEVER! Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to get married young (I was 20 & Dakota was 19) and become a mother young! (if all goes to plan i'll be a mom at 22) It's a very exciting time in my life and it makes me even more excited because my husband is 100% supportive and wants the same thing I do. This blog helps me get out all of my feelings and built in excitement/frustration so I don't blab to everyone and their mom. Well, typing all of this has helped my excitement and I don't have to yell it to the world now. Just imagine when I do get pregnant! That is going to be the HARDEST secret EVER to keep from people. I would probably only tell my best friend and of course Dakota.

Until next time, Lexi