Image Map

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Weekending fun//Labor day laziness

Friday afternoon I met Dakota for lunch @ Moe's and it was soooooo yummy. Moe's has never let me down and I promise I will be going back real soon! That night we are taco pizza for dinner and then Dakota had himself an ice cream and decided to share some with our kitty Willow. I couldn't determine whether I was grossed out or jealous because he never shares his ice cream with me. We had decided on going to a movie that night, but wanted to make a pit stop at my parents real quick since it's around the corner. Dakota wanted to drop off some shrimp that he bought for my brothers fish tank and we were going to tell my parents the BIG news! My dad had just come back in town from a long work week in Largo, FL. I told him welcome home and handed him the little present. At first he was like, "Uh, why do I need a welcome home present"? and I told him to just open it! Right as he opened the bag he looked at me and said "for real"?? and then he showed my mom and she started crying and saying "OMG"!!! I put a little pacifier in the bag and a little note that said, "To my Grandparents". I think it's safe to say that my parents are super excited and my parents already have a bet on what the gender is. My dad thinks it's a girl and my mom thinks it's a boy. I have to side with my momma on this one because I have a feeling it's a boy too! I AM SO EXCITED. Anyways, we lost track of time and didn't make it to the movies because we were so caught up in the moment. I didn't get to take any pictures, but the memories I have are just as good. After leaving my parents house we decided to go home and get some sleep because we were both exhausted.
"Sharing Ice cream with daddy"

"Our pregnancy announcement to both parents"
Saturday morning Dakota was off and oh how I love waking up next to him and having a morning cuddle sesh. We decided to get out of bed around 8:30 because we just can't sleep in anymore here recently. I ate watermelon for breakfast (yummy) while Dakota drank his morning coffee. After eating the whole watermelon I did some homework and Dakota worked on his truck. I was starving by lunch time and we both got ready and ate some Panera for lunch. While we were eating there was a couple a little older than us with the cutest little boy. He wasn't even a year old and he was already wearing polo shorts and his hair combed over. Seriously, made my heart melt. I told my husband, "That's going to be us next year"! He responded with, "I know. I can't wait". After Panera we hit up Target and did some grocery shopping for the cookout we were going to later that afternoon to watch the FSU game.  Of course going to Target you don't just go there and leave with what you had in mind. We walked out of there with me some new shoes, a pregnancy journal, and Dakota a new Xbox game, and random stuff for his truck. After Target we went home and started cooking for the cookout. Dakota made his amazing cheese and sausage dip and I attempted to make Jell-O out of the FSU mold kit. Total fail.... it was horrible. I ended up throwing them away because it just pissed me off, lol. That afternoon we headed to Pace where Dakota's co-worker lives. They are all Alabama fans and me, Kota, and Heather were representing our team. Let's just say the game almost gave me a stroke and I know made my BP go up.... which I know isn't good for the baby. But a win is a win and I'm just glad we didn't lose to an unranked team (thank the Lord).
"On the way to Pace"

"Love this handsome guy"
Sunday morning Dakota and I went to church and listened to a guest preacher. I like him and look forward to hearing him preach again. Hopefully we can find a Pastor for our church, because this bouncing around thing is getting pretty old. Especially when we have a baby on the way. I really want to raise my child in a stable church environment. Guess we will see on that one. After church I headed to my friend Jordan's Bridesmaid luncheon. It was over at Chandler's house so I helped set up. Jordan and Chandler are the only ones who know I am pregnant and Chandler accidentally spilled the beans when all the girls were over. It was totally awkward and not how I wanted them to know... but it is what it is. They would have all found out soon enough. Anyways, back to Jordan! Her little luncheon was so cute and I can't wait to be a part and help plan for her special day. She is getting married in October 2015 and it feels forever away, but in reality it will be here before we know it. We talked about dresses, music, fun events, etc. I am so excited for her and I know Josh is going to be a great husband to her. After leaving the luncheon I went back to Dakota's house and we told his parents we were pregnant too! We told them the same way we told my parents and it took Dakotas dad a minute to understand it. Once he did his eyes got real big and he was really excited. His momma couldn't read the letter out loud because she said she would cry. It was a moment that I won't forget either. After night service we all went to cracker barrel and it was nothing short of amazing. Seriously, there hashbrown casserole is to die for.
"Cute décor before the food"

"Cutest cupcakes ever"
"Me and the beautiful bride"

"Check out that BLING ;)"
 
Monday morning Dakota had to go back to work and I slept in until 9. I got up ate some breakfast and watched a few episodes of the Wahlburgers. Once I got the energy to get up I did some laundry and cleaned around the house. I decided to watch some Netflix while waiting for the clothes to dry and omg, my favorite show Once upon a time is back on with season 3! I'm not lying when I say I watched 4 episodes back to back. Hey, it's a holiday and I'm off work. Watching Netflix and snacking on Watermelon is exactly what I wanted. That night my parents came over for dinner and we had some tasty ribs. Of course we talked about the baby and what we wanted to do for the gender reveal. It might be early planning, but hey December will be here before we know it.

I hope everyone had a wonderful three day weekend! I know mine was definitely one to remember.

Until next time, Lexi :)