Image Map

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A weekend full of babies!

Once again I have been MIA. I have just been so busy lately with school, work, and getting settled in our home. Also, on top of that being pregnant is just exhausting. I did have an amazing weekend though full of love, smiles, laughs, and BABIES and hopefully this post will make up for my absence.


Friday afternoon Dakota and I had some friends over for a bonfire! We still had a lot of stuff to burn from the move like boxes, old doors, and cabinets. We ordered pizza and made some yummy S'mores and hot chocolate. The fire was super hot and felt so good against the windy chill in the air. It was such a good time hanging out with our group of friends and catching up with the girls. We stayed up really late and really lost track of time. Everyone left around 11:30 and once my head hit the pillow Dakota said I was snoring like an old man. Lol, I was exhausted and had to get up early for our little guy's big debut.
"The guys eating pizza"

"Bonfire & hot chocolate"

"Burning an old door"

Saturday morning I woke up to my alarm clock which usually I don't do... but in this case I was so excited to hear my alarm. It was time to get up and see our baby boy on the big screen! We had scheduled his 3D ultrasound a month before and I had been counting down the days until I got to see his adorable little face. We left the house at 8:30 and were the only ones there with the owner who was doing my ultrasound. She is seriously the sweetest person and I love that the room is so calming and very personal. Once she put that warm jelly on my belly Walker was dancing up a storm. He would not stay still for anything, but that's okay because I love an active baby. I believe it might have something to do with my Cocoa pebbles in the morning, but I would like to think that he was just excited for mommy and daddy to see him. Once we saw his adorable little face I almost lost it. I was just in awe in how much he has grown and how much he looks like his daddy! Yes, my son looks just like his daddy and Dakota was over the moon about it and hasn't let me forget it. Once he got a clear picture of Walker his eyes lit up and he immediately smiled from ear to ear. Everything about him screams little Dakota and I couldn't be more excited. He was moving so much that it was hard to get pictures of him, but that's because he is also breach. Breach babies have a harder time of keeping still for pictures because they have so much room to move around. She told me not to worry though and that he would turn on his own, but that I would totally feel it. Yikes... not looking forward to that pain. He certainly is a big baby and I could just eat his little cheeks up. I can't wait to meet my little guy and seeing him made me that more impatient. God sure has blessed us big time and I could never thank him enough for this wonderful blessing.
"My sweet baby boy"

"Look at those adorable cheeks"

"I hate that it's blurry, but I can't get enough of his little button nose"

After we saw him for about an hour we headed out with our CD & DVD and ran some errands. Of course the first thing I had to do was print some pictures out to give to my two mommas (which they absolutely loved). After we ran our errands we met my family for lunch at Red Lobster. I'm not usually a fan of that place, but their shrimp was amazing. It must be a pregnancy thing because I have never liked that place! We didn't get done with lunch until 3 and had to hurry home to get changed and make it to my sister in laws gender reveal that was at 4:00! We were a little late, but that's okay because the balloon picker upper was late too! Good thing we didn't miss anything because it was a really special moment for the parents and really for the family. This whole time I have been telling her that it's a girl! I called it from the day she told me she was pregnant. I was so happy and excited to see pink confetti pop out of that balloon and I'm even more excited that Walker has a cousin to play and grow up with. He might have to play with Barbies and dress up every now and then, but hey.. it's totally worth it when she plays with his trucks and play tools. That night we hung out at the party and chatted with everyone and ate yummy hamburgers. It was seriously an amazing day and flew by way too quick.


 
"It's a girl"

"Her reaction was priceless"
"Can't wait for these cousins to meet"
 
Sunday morning Dakota and I went to visit a church we had never been to before. When we arrived me immediately ran into my aunt Michelle and sat with them the entire service. We really enjoyed ourselves and will be going back the next Sunday that Dakota has off. After service my aunt and uncle invited us out to lunch. It was a good time catching up with them because I don't see them that often. After lunch we headed home and I did mountains of laundry while Dakota unpacked some more things for the house. Around 6:00 Ben, Chan, and Josh came over to work on a final exam together. I made Spaghetti for dinner and after we all sat in the living room looking up answers for one another. All three of us had to take the exam and we didn't get done until 11:00! To say I was exhausted was an understatement. It was worth it though because we all passed the test and passed the class. Thank goodness because Financial Management was not my strong point whatsoever. I'm sooooooooo happy I don't have to worry about it ever again. Now I have two more classes to tackle that start on the 5th and then one more after that. I have to remind myself that I am so close!! Just a few more months and I will get my Bachelor's degree!
"Working on our final"

"Willow letting me know it's getting late, lol"


Well now that I have written a novel I think it's safe to say I made up for my lack of postings last week! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and I'll see you tomorrow for my 30 week bumpdate!!! I can't believe I have 10 weeks left. This momma is gettin' anxious.




Image Map