Image Map

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

15 week update!

So yesterday I had my 15 week checkup with my OB. It was the usual checkup just like all the others where they listen to the HB with the Doppler and ask me questions about how I am feeling and so on. Also, this time I had to give blood to take the Quad test. The conditions it screens for are Down syndrome and trisomy 18, which are chromosomal abnormalities, as well as neural tube defects, such as spina bifida. The quad screen is done in the second trimester, usually between 15 and 18 weeks of pregnancy. They told me if anything were to come back that they questioned then they would call. Or if everything comes back normal then they won't call me at all. My husband is a Paramedic and he says a no call is a good call! During my appointment I told the Doctor how much pain I have been having.. especially at night. It wakes me up in the middle of the night and I am literally clenching and holding my breath it hurts so bad. Usually once I wake up it's an all niter because I just cannot get comfortable. He reassured me that this is normal and its my ligaments stretching because the baby is growing every week.

On a happier note here's an update on me and my sweet little avocado (because that's how big he is now)

How far along: 15 weeks & 2 days

 
Gender: We still have not found out yet, but the main development of the genitalia, whether boy or girl is now complete! & We have an appointment to find out the gender NEXT FRIDAY!!!!! Of course we can't find out, but our gender reveal party is on the 6th of December. Fingers crossed for a baby BOY. I already have his nursery picked out.

 
Weight gain: Only 1 pound. I lost 10 pounds during my first trimester because I just couldn't eat anything.

 
Maternity clothes: Jeans & a couple of shirts. 

 
Stretch marks: Still on my booty cheeks.
 
Belly button in or out: IN!!!

 
Sleep: Really good except for waking up with growing pains

 
Best moment this week: Going to my 15 week checkup and hearing our babies HB! It was 148 and it has gotten drastically lower from our last appointment when it was in the mid 160's. So that makes me think even more that it's a little boy!

 
Worst moment this week: Monday at work was a painful and tiring one. I had been up since 12 that morning with pain and just rolled out of bed. It was horrible.

 
Miss anything: Honestly, I miss deli meat. I would love a turkey sandwich right about now.

 
Movement: I started feeling flutters last week & I love that feeling. I can't wait until I can start feeling kicks.

 
Cravings: Recently my cravings have been Mexican food, Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits, and HOT WINGS!!!!!!!!!

 
Queasy or sick: Not really either. I get a little queasy after dinner sometimes, but I usually just pop in a Zofran.

 
Looking forward to: Next FRIDAY!!! Our 16 week ultrasound where they will determine the gender. I am so excited. My family and a few close friends will be there to see our little one on the big screen.
 
 
Well that's all for now folks.
Until next time, Lexi! :)