Image Map

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving weekend!


I am so thankful for my 4 weekend. It was wonderful and spent with loved ones and friends. I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow, but all good things must come to an end. Here's my recap from these last four wonderful, wonderful days off.


Thursday morning Dakota and I got up and painted the outside of our garage. Don't worry the paint fumes didn't get to me. It was super windy outside and I was in the fresh air. It actually only took us an hour and a half to paint it and once it was done I let him do the final touches and I headed inside to get ready and cook my green bean casserole. By cooking, I mean just putting everything together and heating it up, lol. We got to Dakota's parents house at 1:45 & ate at 2:00. It was a good crowd and everyone brought lots of food. I usually don't care for Thanksgiving food and I don't like turkey so I kept to my rolls, Green bean casserole, and potato salad! SO good!!!!!! After eating we looked at the Black Friday ads and talked at the table with the girls while the boys watched football on the couch. I really wanted a new washer and dryer to put in the new house and with a baby on the way I wanted something that was reliable and would wash all of the 100 million onesies.  We left his parents and headed to our first stop at Sears. Our mission was to get the washer and dryer for a really good price. We got the bundle pack with free delivery for 1200! It's really nice and big. I seriously can't wait to get this house ready and wash my clothes in my new washer/dryer. (Housewife status for real though). After Sears I headed with my sister in law to Target. I didn't need anything so I just went to hang out with her. I grabbed a few things while I was there, but nothing for Christmas. After Target I went home with my hubs because we had a big day tomorrow.... our gender ultrasound!
"Post meal pictures of the kiddos"


"So in love with him"
"My new washer/dryer"



Friday morning I tossed and turned and just couldn't get to sleep. I was so nervous/excited/worried/anxious. It was the day of the 16 week ultrasound. We haven't seen the baby since our very first appointment where we heard the HB and saw a tiny little ball of cells that was cooking into a baby. Now we get to see the hands, feet, head, nose, etc. I just hoped and prayed all of the development was on track and baby had all 10 fingers and toes. I invited some family and friends to the appointment and they all got to watch on the big screen baby Ward moving all around and even saw him/her get the hiccups. It was seriously the cutest thing ever. Before they all came in the room it was just me and my friend Chandler. I closed my eyes while the ultrasound tech looked for the parts and wrote it down in an envelope. Chandler cried when she saw it & I started to choke up. It was such an amazing experience and I wish I could do it all over again. When everyone got to come in we focused on the side profile and the hands and feet. Dakota sat right beside me and was silent the whole time. My husband is a talker and for him to sit quite for an hour just looking at the screen was such a beautiful moment. He couldn't take his eyes off of his son or daughter and couldn't believe how much the baby has developed at 16 weeks. After the ultrasound the tech gave me a CD of the pictures she took (not the gender ones) so I could print them out. After the appointment all of us went to Olive Garden for lunch. Olive Garden is seriously delicious and you can never go wrong with their salad and breadsticks. After lunch we all went out separate ways and Dakota and I headed for the mall to do some Christmas shopping. That night we went to my parents house to show my mom the pictures since she wasn't able to go to the ultrasound. I was craving hot wings like something serious. My dad ordered all of us some extra crispy HOT wings and we ate dinner over there and watched a movie. I hate spicy food... like I can't even handle medium taco sauce. But something about hot wings just sounded delicious to me. I didn't even get heartburn after, so it was just meant to be. It's what the baby wanted.

"Everyone at the appointment minus Dakota (he was picture taker)"


"Me & Chandler. Both pregnant and 2.5 weeks apart"
"My sweet little baby"
"So in love"


Saturday I met Chandler and her daughter Oakleigh for lunch at the Shark Fin. We were both craving Sushi & it was soooo good. After lunch we went to Hobby Lobby for some gender reveal decorations. We got some fabric and made a banner and I got some frames that I am going to put the ultrasound pictures in around the diaper raffle table. It is seriously going to be so cute and I can't wait for this Saturday! That afternoon we went to the mall to find Christmas presents for Oaks and me a gender reveal outfit. I found this adorable dress & I am so excited I finally found something to wear. Seriously it was starting to stress me out. I couldn't find anything blue and was about to resort to team pink even though this momma is 100% confident that it's a BOY! That night I met my husband at Chilis after he got off of work. We both got Mexican and it hurt our tummies so we went to bed early.
"The banner we made for the party"
"Oaks decided she wanted to drive to the mall"
"Such a diva"
"Dirty mirror selfie before heading out to lunch"

 Sunday I went to breakfast with my grandparents at Waffle House. I always crave some hash browns and it was heaven in my mouth. When we got back from breakfast I got ready and met my friend Jessica at the mall to get a pedicure and to help her find a Christmas dress for a party she is going to for the Navy with her husband. Unfortunately we couldn't find anything, but we did get some yummy sushi for lunch at 2 Stix. Seriously, their black dragon roll is the bomb.com! I've had it twice this week and I'm not even ashamed. After parting ways with Jessica I tried to meet up with my husband and meet him at one of the posts, but he got a call 10 minutes after I got there. I'm glad I got to see him, but I hate how you never know when he is going to get a call. Now to finish off this Sunday night cuddling with my hubby and watching TWD! :)
"Black dragon roll"

I hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving & long weekend! Now to get done with this week so I can start buying blue and getting nursery ideas together.
Until next time, Lexi :)