Image Map

Monday, September 8, 2014

Weekend recap // First purchases for Baby Ward!

Friday afternoon I met my granny for lunch at the Egg & I. It's a really cute restaurant and I love their food! We both ordered a cup of clam chowder soup and a Greek salad. I have ordered the Greek salad numerous times before, but this time it gave me bad heartburn. I'm thinking the baby didn't like the onions or the olives... so I'll have to be careful about that next time. After we ate our food we still had some time left before I had to go back to work and we walked over to JC Penny's since it right across the street. I was hoping to find some really cute baby cowboy boots for the announcement but I couldn't find anything that weren't toddler. However, I did enjoy looking through the baby section and came across a really cute onesie that said, "My uncle rocks". I sent a picture of it to my little brother. He's really excited about the baby and I know he's going to spoil his niece or nephew rotten. I have a feeling that this baby is going to be a boy and Dakota and I already have the names picked out!
"When I know it's a boy I will have to go back and buy it"
 That night my friend Jamie came over and surprised me with presents for me and baby. She got baby his/her first book and a sweet smelling teddy bear. She also got me a necklace with a really cool story behind it. The necklace is called a harmony ball and has been a tradition in Bali for generations for women to wear it while they are pregnant. A similar tradition exists in parts of Mexico where the harmony ball is called a Bola and the pregnant women wear the Bola necklace. The pendant is worn on a long necklace chain or cord so that it rests on belly bump of expectant mothers and as she goes about her daily routine the soft chime is, after about 16 weeks, heard by the unborn baby. Also, I thought it was really cool that the wearing of the harmony ball necklace while pregnant is soothing to the baby and creates a bond. The major benefit of the harmony ball is realized after the baby is born, during breast feeding, when the sound of harmony ball helps soothe the baby during what sometimes can be a stressful time. I thought that was such a thoughtful gift and I can't wait to start wearing it when the baby can hear. After the gifts we headed to Chili's for dinner. I got the Chicken Fajitas and Jamie got a spicy chicken pasta. It was nice to have some girl time and chat about the future. After getting stuffed we headed to the mall and my mission was to find a dress for the announcement pictures. I really wanted something that was busy and colorful. I went in to Old Navy first and found nothing, which sucks because I had $20 off a purchase and it was about to expire. So instead of sticking it back in my purse I saw a girl who had a lot of clothes in her hand and probably needed it. I told her I couldn't find anything and thought maybe she could use it. After leaving Old Navy we went into my favorite store in the entire mall...... Francesca's. Seriously, all of their clothes are SO cute and that's where I got my dress that I wore to Jordan's Bridal Luncheon from last weekends post. I found the perfect dress and I am really excited to wear it. Now all that's needed for the announcements are a chalkboard and cute baby boots.
"Baby's first book and bear"
"Of course the kitties have to check it out"
"The harmony ball"
 
Saturday Dakota had to work and he was gone before I got up. Once I finally did wake up it was about 9:00. I swear I can't sleep in anymore and it makes me so mad! Instead of laying in bed tossing and turning I got up and did some homework. After finishing up my assignments I got ready and ran a couple of errands. First stop was pampering myself to a Spa Pedicure. It was nice, but oh my lord that lady dug in my toes. I usually enjoy my Pedi's but this one wasn't worth the extra $$. I enjoyed the hot rock massage, but the plastic wrap around my legs were weird. After getting  my pedi I headed over to where my friend Jamie works at a cute little boutique called "Uniquely yours". Right when I walked in I saw the PERFECT chalkboard that I had been looking for. I'm going for a southern/rustic look for the announcements and this fit the theme perfectly. Of course at boutiques they are pretty pricey, but I had to get it and I am really glad I did because later that day Jamie called me and told me that I won the raffle drawing and I won a $25 gift certificate! SCORE! I promise my hubby that I would bring his some coffee and after leaving the boutique I did just that. Fortunately, he was at Post 10 and hadn't received any calls so I got to sit with him for a little bit while he drank his chocolate chip frappe and me a blueberry pomegranate smoothie. I got to hang out with him for about 15 minutes and then he was off. It was cool to watch them load up in the truck and zoom out of their with lights and sirens. I am really proud of my husband and I know he loves what he does, but boy do I hate his long 12 hour shifts. That night I ate dinner with my grandparents at Texas Roadhouse. I'm really close to my grandparents and I love spending time with them. After eating I went to my parents house because I was supposed to watch the FSU game with them, but for some reason they couldn't bring it up on the T.V and watched a movie about football instead. Dakota got off really late and complained about not feeling good and that he was nauseous. Sure enough at 3:00 I woke up to hearing him throwing up.
"The "spa" pedicure"
"The rustic chalkboard <3"

"My sweet guy drinking his coffee"
"I just really liked my outfit. Polka-dots are my thang"
Sunday morning was a rough one. I don't mind taking care of my sick husband. I can do that all day, but when it's throwing up is when I back up and let him be. I can't stand throw up and once I heard him puking up his guts I got him a cold rag and put it on his neck and immediately ran out of the bathroom. He called into work and then called his other work (WF Hospital) and asked if a doctor could call him in a prescription of some Zofran so his nausea would go away. Luckily there's a CVS that's open 24 hours and at 4 AM we were headed that way. Of course Dakota forgot his wallet and we had to turn around and get it. Once we got home I brought him some pillows and a blanket and tucked him in on the couch and took my sleepy butt back to bed. Once again I woke up at 9 wide awake and checked on the sick guy. He was awake watching some Netflix. That afternoon my sister in law called me and asked if her and her husband could come over. When they came through the door she was holding up an outfit in each hand for the baby! It completely shocked me and I got really excited it. The outfits were so CUTE especially the kitty on the butt.. OMG! One was for a boy and the other a girl and they both had a saying about loving their auntie. Can't blame her on that one. We all sat around the table and talked while Dakota ate his chicken noodle soup that he didn't want, but I made him eat it. He's such a stubborn thing. We all talked about other churches to go visit next Sunday because the one we attend now is never going to be the same. After they left I did some laundry and watched T.V and ate lunch. It has been storming for about an hour now so I see a nap in my near future. I'm going to enjoy this rainy lazy Sunday with my hubs even if he is a sickling.
"The outfits from aunt Katie & uncle Ethan"

"One spoiled baby already"
 

Only 14 more days until we get to see our little jelly bean! I'm ready for it hurry up because we have so many excited family members and close friends ready to see your first picture.
Until next time, Lexi!