Image Map

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day!

I can't believe how fast the Holidays flew by. Dakota and I were so busy both days that we barely had any time to rest. Going to 5 different houses in two days is exhausting! Even though we were tired it was super fun spending time with family and we are blessed to be surrounded by so many loved ones. This was our 4th Christmas together & next year we will have a 7 month old to spend it with. I am just so excited.
"Our 4th Christmas"
Christmas Eve Dakota and I were both off of work and we got to spend the whole day together. I finished up wrapping presents and we cleaned a little bit. We also swapped presents and Dakota got me a washer/dryer, a wooden bench that opens to put blankets it, a new hair dryer, and some jewelry. I got Dakota a really nice fleece FSU jacket, a new wallet, kitchen cabinets, some clothes, and some stocking stuffer goodies. Every year on Christmas Eve the whole side of my Granny's family goes over to my Uncles house and we play Dirty Santa. This year I got a really cozy blanket and Dakota got some tool set. My cousin just had a baby and I got to get in my baby snuggles the whole time. He's not even a month old and he was such a sweetie. It made me even more excited to snuggle on my Son when he arrives. After leaving my uncles we went to my granny's house with my cousins and opened presents over there.  It was nice seeing my cousins because I don't get to see them that much. Last, but not least.... Dakota and I went over to my parents house to open presents from Santa. I got some gorgeous black leather Tommy Hilfiger boots, Marley Lily jewelry and a fleece monogrammed jacket, and some VS goodies. After leaving my parents house it's tradition for me & my hubs to go to Waffle House. Walker absolutely loves their Scattered hash browns and they were delicious. We didn't get home until midnight and we just plopped on the bed and passed out.
"The Cabinets"
"Me & my little brother"
"Daddy loving on us"
"Me & my cousin Rachel"
"Our growing family"
"So in love with this man"
"Me & my daddy"
"Me & my parents"
"Me & Dakota after opening presents"
"My dad & Athena"
Christmas morning we got up at 8:30 and packed all of our stuff and the presents in the car and we headed to Dakotas parents at 9. His momma made cinnamon rolls and they were oh so good. I'm not one for sweets these days, but I can't pass them up. Right after we finished eating, Dakotas sister and her husband came over and we opened presents from Santa. I got so many goodies from everyone and I think my most favorite gift was from my sister in law. She got Walker a little monkey blanket with his name on it. I may or may not have slept with it every night since I got it. About an hour later his grandparents stopped by to do presents with us too. Later on we all headed over to his other grandparents house and ate a yummy Christmas day meal and opened presents over there. We all got so much stuff and we are beyond blessed to have such a loving family to spend with on the Holidays. Speaking of family... I'm going to be an aunt!! My sister in law is pregnant and she is due in July! We are exactly 10 weeks apart and had to take a bump picture together. I can't wait :)

"Getting ready for Christmas lunch"
"Me at 20 weeks & Katie at 10 weeks"
 


I hope everyone had a wonderful time over the Holidays! I know I did and I am so excited for the New Year and all of the wonderful things happening it 2015! We finally get to move in our home late January, celebrate our 2 year Wedding anniversary in March, and welcome our baby boy in May!! To say I'm thrilled is an understatement.

Until next time, Lexi :)