Image Map

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year// 21 Week Update

I seriously can't believe that it's already 2015. I feel like Dakota and I were just at the pelican drop for 2014! This year was a lot more laid back and we didn't go out for NYE. We both had to work that day & unfortunately Dakota is also working today.

 Yesterday after I got off work I headed to Van's Nails to get a Mani and an eyebrow wax. It has been forever since I got my nails done and I know my hubby likes them too for back scratches! After getting my nails done I went home and got ready for dinner and Dakota got home about 10 minutes later. We freshened up and headed to Cracker Barrel for some southern cookin'. It was crowded at all because everyone was downtown partying it up. We both got the Lemon pepper trout and it was delicious. I'm not one for fish, but with this pregnancy my taste buds have changed drastically. I really enjoyed just spending the night with my husband and talking about what we all have to look forward to in 2015. The renovations should be done the beginning of February & we are looking at a move in date in the middle of February. I honestly can't tell you how excited I am about this home. It will be a year in March since we have started the process to purchase this home. It was a stressful 7 months, but in October the papers were finalized and the home was in our name! We will have the home to ourselves for a couple of months until our Son joins us. I'm looking forward to raising my baby in that home. After dinner we looked around in the gift shop and picked up Dakota's mommy a really cute pair of rooster salt & pepper shakers. Her kitchen is decorated in that and we couldn't pass them up. It was about 10:00 when we left and we headed to his mommas house. He wanted to see her and give her the shakers. Our cousins Justin & Linda were over with their daughter Emma and son Daniel. Emma is 6 months old and of course I had to get my baby sugar. She is seriously the cutest little girl minus the hair pulling, lol. We didn't stay until midnight because Dakota was really tired and I knew he needed to go to bed since he probably will have a rough day at work picking up all of the hung over people. We got back home around 11:30 and got in bed. We gave each other a kiss and told each other what our favorite memories were in 2014 and went to bed. I sure do love that man. It was a great New Years and I am so looking forward to the months to come. I actually don't have a New Years resolution for 2015, but I hope to be the best momma I can be to Walker.
"Getting ready for dinner"
"Loving my Marley Lily Jewelry & fresh Mani"
"Our 5th New Years together & counting"
"NYE kisses"
" My delicious fish"
"My hot date"
"Off to his mommas"
 
 
 




Speaking of Walker, here is my 21 week update!
Update on momma:
  • Have more energy throughout the day
  • Still having those growing pains
  • Still having those nasty leg cramps at night
  • Wrists have been hurting for a couple of days now especially when I wake up in the morning. (Looked it up and it's a common symptom in the second half of pregnancy known as Carpal tunnel)
  • Hair is starting to thicken again
  • Getting a bigger appetite and loving cheese covered burritos
  • Feeling lots of movement especially when lying down

Update on baby:
  • Is as big as a pomegranate measuring at 10.5 Inches & 12.7 Ounces
  • As his digestive system preps for the outside world, he's manufacturing meconium
  • His inner ear is developing, which is giving him a sense of balance
  • His nerves are really developing, and sense of touch
  • He keeps putting on fat and developing wrinkles, which makes him less and less transparent
  • He has added rapid eye movement (REM) to his sleep schedule, allowing him to start dreaming

I hope everyone had a safe New Years!
Until next time, Lexi :)