Image Map

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

23 week update!

Yesterday I had my 23 week checkup and follow up ultrasound with my OB. I was a little nervous about this one because it was a follow up on the inside of his stomach and bladder since the ultrasound tech wasn't able to see it before (he wouldn't cooperate). She told me from what she could see that everything looked good, but she wanted to look again in 4 weeks just to make sure. It was so exciting seeing my son on the big screen again. It's so amazing being able to see him and how much he has grown. I feel like it was just the other day that we went in there for the very first time and saw him at 7 weeks & 1 day. Our little gummy bear just a squirmin' away. Now he's doing hard kicks in there and I can feel him all the time. Dakota actually felt him for the first time Monday night and it was so cute seeing his reaction. My heart just melts thinking about Dakota being a father and how awesome he is going to be with our baby. He is still measuring a week ahead but that's okay because he is a big, healthy baby!

After the ultrasound and getting to see him for about 30 minutes we were all done and it was time to meet with my doctor for my checkup. Before they had me wait in the room, they took my weight and blood pressure. To my surprise I have only gained 8 pounds throughout this entire pregnancy. My BP was 122/66 which my husband said was very good. Once my OB came in he used the Doppler on me even though we just heard the HB on the screen.. but I didn't care. I love being able to hear his heart. It was kind of tough for him though to get a good rhythm out of it because Walker wouldn't stop moving and kicking everywhere. Finally he calmed down and the HB was 146! He also scheduled me for my glucose test my next appointment at 27 weeks and my O negative shot. Let's just say I'm looking forward to my appointment, but I'm also really nervous. I hate being poked with needles and I'm also scared of the glucose test. I have heard so many gross things about it, but it has to get done. I just hope and pray that I pass it the first go around.


Update on Baby Walker:
  • He is as big as a grapefruit measuring 10.5 - 11.8 inches and 12.7 - 20.8 ounces
  • He is forming nipples
  • His face is fully formed now and he just needs a little extra fat to fill it out
  • He's listening to my voice and my HB. He can even hear loud sounds like cars honking and dogs barking
  • His inner eye components have developed, helping to build a sense of sight
  • He's got taste buds!!
  • He is still transparent, and a bit red because of the developing veins and arteries under his skin, but this won't last long because he is about to pack on the fatty chub
  • He is also constructing the blood vessels in his lungs that will allow him to breathe the air on his own once he's born
Update on momma:
  • Getting swollen feet (hubby has come to the rescue though and given me really good foot rubs)
  • Still out of breath sometimes. I can't slouch anymore when I sit
  • Hormones are raging all over the place, seriously I tear up over everything and I had a full on Kim Kardashian ugly cry when I got a toe cramp that lasted like 5 minutes
  • Constantly hungry!!!!!
  • Skin is still really dry
  • Feeling really good as far as energy levels are concerned
Here are a few pictures from his ultrasound! I also scheduled his 3D ultrasound for February 28th and I am SOOOOOO ready to see those fat little cheeks. Gah.. I'm so in love.
"Still a boy, lol"

"Looking straight at us. Look at that belly"

"His cute little foot that's always kicking mommy's right side"

"The oh so adorable side profile picture"



Until next time, Lexi!