Image Map

Monday, January 26, 2015

Another weekend down!

Is it really Monday morning already?! Ugh, my weekends just aren't long enough and the work week feels never ending. I'm SO ready for this upcoming weekend though because my hubby is off & WE ARE MOVING IN OUR HOUSE!!! Yes, you read that right. After 7 months of trying to buy the home and finally purchasing it in October & 3 months of renovating it is finally time for the big day. If I could fast forward time, this work week wouldn't even exist. Lol, but really I'm totally getting off topic here. Here's my weekend recap....

Friday night after work I met my friends Jessica and Amanda at Steak n Shake for some girl time. We all work together and through the entire week could not stop thinking about a delicious greasy burger and salty fries. Of course when you go to steak n shake.. you have to get a handmade milkshake as well. It really hit the spot and we had to go walk it off at the mall. I was on a mission to find some maternity clothes and new foundation. My first stop was Old Navy and spotted the cutest dresses. Usually, I have no luck with maternity clothes. They just don't really fit right and I'm left rocking the leggings and  whatever shirt still fits me. However, this time both the dresses I tried on I absolutely loved and seriously can't wait for the warm weather to hit us so I can wear them! After Old Navy I headed into Sephora with Amanda (she's my makeup expert friend) and looked for some new foundation. The one I have now is by Kat Von D and I like the coverage, but it is just way too thick. I need something that isn't heavy on my face and constantly wipes off when I touch my face. Eventually we stumbled across the NARS section and I asked one of the employees to test it on my face so I wasn't buying something totally expensive just to return the next day. It took her a few tries to match my skin tone, but once she did I really loved the way it felt and looked. Of course that was just a little section of my face, but I could feel the difference. I don't think I have ever been this excited about spending $48 on foundation, lol.
"Maxi dress from Old Navy"

"Loving my new foundation"


Saturday morning Dakota had to work and I woke up and ate some breakfast and really just lounged around until 10. I got ready and headed over to Ben & Chandlers because we all had an exam to take. Well, me & Ben are in the same class, but Chandler helped out with looking up stuff on the computer since we had to download some blocker on our laptop so the teacher could see our screen. It was kind of hectic because Oakleigh (their daughter) was really sick and wasn't taking long naps at all and wanted to watch Frozen a million times. When she wasn't watching Frozen she was in her car reading to her baby. Seriously, she's the cutest kid ever with or without being sick. About two hours later we finished the exam and thanks to teamwork we all did a good job. I'm happy to say that I'm still enrolled in my Financial Accounting class! Haha! After leaving their house I headed over to Pace at a bowling alley for my little sisters 14th birthday. It was really fun. I haven't gone bowling in forever and I didn't get last place! Dakota met us all up there after he got off work and greeted us all in his work uniform. Let me just say, I'm a sucker for a man in uniform. I brought him a change of clothes, but I'm glad he stayed what he was in. My sister in law is pregnant too and is exactly 10 weeks behind me. She is starting to show now and of course that means pictures! I did have a good time at Hannah's birthday party and I can't believe she's already 14. Seems like just yesterday I met her for the first time at the age of 9! Soon she will be an aunt and learning how to drive.
"Reading to her baby"
"Hannah's cake"
"Singing her Happy Birthday"
"We brought our own bowling balls to the party!"

"My hot bowling partner"

Sunday morning was a relaxing one ( kind of). I didn't go anywhere and stayed in my Pj's, but I was steady writing a paper alllllllllllll day. Just when I think I am all caught up on school I have a 15 page research paper to write. However, the highlight of my day was when I woke up and made some French Toast. I have been craving that so much lately and don't have time to make it during the work week. So the weekend is usually the time where I get my fix.
"Trying to do a research paper and not snuggle this little cutie is hard"

Well, there ya have it folks! My weekend in a nutshell. I do have some exciting changes for my blog coming VERY soon. Let's just say that Ash from the Grits blog is amazing and literally blew my mind with the preview she emailed me Saturday.

Image Map