Image Map

Monday, January 5, 2015

First Weekend Recap of the New Year!

Happy first Monday of the New Year, Folks! Here's a little recap of my first weekend in 2015! {So weird to say, lol.  I still put 2014 on all of my paperwork}.

Friday afternoon I met up with my friend Lauren for dinner at 2 Stix. We were both craving sushi & completely dominated two rolls (She is also pregnant with a little girl and two weeks behind me).  I got the black dragon roll which is my absolute favorite and tried a tornado roll which wasn't my favorite, but it was alright. We talked about baby showers, our symptoms, cravings, and even exchanged gifts for the kiddos! We both got each other cute little outfits. After dinner and saying our goodbyes I headed downtown to meet my husband, his grandma, and best friend at the Civic Center for a hockey game. This is the first hockey game I have been to since last season & I was excited to see all of the new players. Truth be told, it wasn't that exciting because all of the water I drank at dinner hit me while watching the game. I went to the bathroom what seemed like every 30 minutes & was super uncomfortable from the chairs. But I kept a smile on my face for my husband because I knew he was having a blast.
"Ice Flyers win against Mississippi"


Saturday morning Dakota and I woke up around 10:00 and got our traditional Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit from Whataburger & headed over to Lumber Liquidators to get some additional flooring for our kitchen. Our friend Ben works there and he always is super helpful and gets us a good price. I wanna say he has saved us over $1000 and he also spent one of his off days helping us put the flooring in. Thank goodness for good and loyal friends. He is also the daddy to miss Oakleigh who I post pictures of from time to time and wife to my friend Chan! We just love that family. After we left Ben we went back home so Dakota could finish the flooring and I helped paint some baseboards. I am so ready to move in our home, but I am so tired of renovating. It seems like it's never ending!! Once we finally got to a stopping point we got cleaned up and headed over to Target to start our registry!! We registered a little early because this is Dakotas last Saturday off with me in three months. He is starting his critical care class this week and has class from 9-4 every other weekend when he isn't working. We won't see much of each other, but I know he is doing it for our little family and it will pay off when he passes and gets a raise! Now back to the registry... we started off in Target and had a blast. However, I have to be honest. We were both SO LOST in the breast pump aisle. We both literally had no idea what to even scan. We decided to skip that part and head on to the next aisle. I can't wait to start getting gifts for my little boy! If anyone out there would like to order from our registry (you can find it on Target.com and search under my name (Alexis Ward)) we would greatly appreciate it. After finishing up with Target we headed out for a late lunch for some Italian which was the bomb.com! I got the homemade raviolis and a Greek salad. Seriously, yummy in my tummy. Dakota got a shrimp alfredo pizza which didn't look good to me at all. After eating we stopped by Babies R Us to register once again. Let me just say that Babies R Us is SO much better than Target and the employees there are super helpful with any questions you have! Oh & spoiler alert** you get a free $20 Shutterfly gift card just for registering! I am totally saving that for his newborns. It took us a lot longer to register there because they had so much more stuff, but when we finally got done we headed to Zac's parents house to watch the UFC fight. I love a good UFC fight, but that whole card was seriously so boring. There were no TKO's, submissions, or anything. Every fight went every round and barely had any blood on the floor.
"Registering at Babies R Us"
"Lunch with my honey"
"Loving my new Marley Lily Monogrammed clutch"
 
Sunday morning Dakota and I slept in pretty late because we didn't get home until almost 1 from the UFC fight. It was a pretty lazy day. I did laundry, cleaned out my car, and cleaned up the house. Dakota changed his oil, and finished painting all of the baseboards for the house and then we cuddled for the rest of the night (my favorite). Also, all of our kitchen cabinets were put up so that was pretty cool to see! Our appliances for the kitchen are being delivered next week!!! We are getting close people. February is our month to move in and I am counting down the days.

"Painting the baseboards"
"Our new cabinets! Everything is coming together"
"Hanging out with daddy watching the FSU recap mini movie"
 


I hope everyone had a wonderful first weekend of the New Year and enjoyed their time off! This girl starts school again on Wednesday.

Until next time, Lexi :)